• 13(current)
Win HOW-TO use Logitech Harmony Universal Remote Control without EventGhost
timmi1000 - and that is actually sending ALT+F4 in your case?
Yes,
I tried it with my Harmony One and my Harmony 300.
cryodream Wrote:Hey guys, anyone can help me to remove (or at least reduce to minimum) the delay between Harmony One button key presses? I've made a little script to show me how long a delay (in ms) I have between key presses. A test is done by holding a key/button "1" on the regular keyboard and then on Harmony One.
Code:
Keyboard: 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33 33

Harmony One: 317 314 330 315 317 313 317 314 330 316 315 317 313 316 328 316 315 318 313 316 330

Now I know that probably remote can never be as fast as USB keyboard, but 300+ milliseconds delay, c'mon. It's just too annoying when I need to scroll thgrough movies or tv shows in XBMC...

If anyone can help me to reduce that, I would be eternally gratefull Big Grin

Any news on this?
Reading this thread since I'm getting an IR receiver in the mail today to use with my harmony one. My Antec Soundgraph VFD has been pissing me off.

Are people also experiencing key delays with harmony one and this method? The sole reasons to get an extra IR receiver for me was to fix the stupid delays that I was getting with the Soungraph. Whats the best way to get it 100% working?
So, I fought for a bit to get my Logitech One remote to work on my new XBMC build, 10.1, on an Acer Revo 3610 and I was eventually successful. Now, I'd like to get some of the functionality from my original Xbox controller and XBMC ported over to my logitech.

Ideally, I'd like to get a right click function so I can queue music and have access to that menu. I also REALLY want to get the Display function mapped to a key. Eek

I've tried to set up/register the wireless mouse and keyboard that comes with the Revo 3610, however I think the differences between the wireless units are causing the issues; IR vs Wireless. Huh

Any help would be greatly appreciated. My gf's patience is running a bit thin and one system needs to be removed from the home theater.
Hi, I have my Logitech Harmony One remote set up with the Microsoft MCE Keyboard. I have an 'Activity' for 'Watch XBMC' which turns on the tv and 'sets the input' for the MCE Keyboard to 'My Videos'. When this happens, it launches Windows Media Center.

I have tried using a script to make Windows Button + Alt + Enter launch XBMC instead of Windows Media Center, which works when I use the keyboard, but evidently the remote doesn't send this command sequence.

How do I make this 'setting the input to My Videos' launch XBMC instead of Windows Media Player? I would also settle for removing the 'setting the input' from the activity, but not sure how to do that either.

Thanks,

awesomski
Trying to get this to work with a Harmony 880. Using the IR receiver built into my Asrock Vision 3D that ships with a remote. Strangely, it seems to work about 30% of the time. Sometimes commands won't register for 45 seconds, then things ork correctly for a little while and stop again.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
v0va Wrote:Reading this thread since I'm getting an IR receiver in the mail today to use with my harmony one. My Antec Soundgraph VFD has been pissing me off.

Are people also experiencing key delays with harmony one and this method? The sole reasons to get an extra IR receiver for me was to fix the stupid delays that I was getting with the Soungraph. Whats the best way to get it 100% working?

I also have the same problem with delays and haven't found a working solution yet. So I'm also keen to see if anyone can help.
Hey guys,

I have a harmony one remote and it seems to work well with xbmc and my asrock.

Quick question. When I am watching a movie and I pause it and go into some of the settings to change the sound track or turn off subtitles, I can't close those windows with my remote. I have to use a keyboard.

The back button or exit button doesn't work for some reason. Anyone else had this issue?

Also when I am in the selection screen for a movie, pressing the info button doesn't get me to the movie info screen. Anyone know how to configure that to work?

Thanks
Will just add to the seamingly random reception of commands. I have noticed that I have a higher rate of errors with MCE keyboard cmds if I have attached a keyboard by USB.
http://www.yodo.dk/ is my small site were I write guides and news in danish about XBMC and HTPC
> I can't close those windows with my remote. I have to use a keyboard.
This was reported as a bug a few days ago, should work now in nightlys, else you will need to edit keyboard.xml
evlo Wrote:> I can't close those windows with my remote. I have to use a keyboard.
This was reported as a bug a few days ago, should work now in nightlys, else you will need to edit keyboard.xml

Where do I grab the nightly from? Very stable?
Ok, so I've read thru this thread, as well as many others on this forum and elsewhere, and I just can't get the MCE Keyboard device on my Harmony One to work. After I set it, as directed on this forum, the IR receiver does not blink, as it should, and thus no IR signals are getting thru.

I finally managed to get the MCE REMOTE device working, but only after using the original remote to program the Harmony (placed the remotes in line and pressed button as propted by the Logitech troubleshooting guide). Before that I was having the same issue. No signals were registering.

I'm at my wit's end here.

anyone? please?
programmed my harmony one to run with device Media Center PC MicrosoftMCE Keyboard

I programmed the remote but i can't seem to get the next track/previous track buttons right.

i programmed it as the period and comma keyes ("." and ","), but when i'm in a full screen video, it acts as a 'big skip forward' 'big skip backward' instead of going to the next and previous movies in my queue. Are those the right buttons?

i got this from the keyboard mapping wiki page: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Global_Keyboard

Thanks.
jopopo Wrote:I am reading and trying 20 days by now but I have problem and questions. I want to use Harmony 525 emulating MCE Keyboard and facts are:

1. I have some USB IR device. It was installed with generic Win7 driver and device name under device manager is W-01RN V_3.1
2. USB IR works with original remote (some 3rd party MCE Remote) and works with Windows MCE.
3. USB IR receives codes (red led flashing) from Harmony but in Notepad no entries.
4. Device Manager shows:
- USB Input Device (I have 5 of them but under one is USB IR)
- Driver Details > Driver date: 21.06.06 ; Driver files: C\windows\system32\drivers\hidclass.sys, ...\hidparse.sys, ...\hidusb.sys ; File Version 6.1.7600.16385 (win7.rtm.090713-1255)
- Under DETAILS tab and PROPERTY dropdown selected "Bus reported device description" value is "W-01RN USB_V3-1"
5. Also under Device Manager if you expand System devices I can find Consumer IR devices entry. Driver files: circlass.sys same Driver date and File version like above. Under DETAILS tab and PROPERTY dropdown selected "Manufacturer" value is "Microsoft"

So questions:
1. How to check is USB IR Microsoft compatible or not?
2. Can I change the driver to make it compatible or not?
3. Can you post here what is the DEVICE NAME and DRIVER of you who managed working USB IR to work with Harmony, MCE Keyboard and XBMC, please?
4. Share any information from Device manager you think can be useful.

Thanks.

Hi,

I realize that it has been a while since you posted, but I'm hoping that you are still watching the forums!

I'm having troubles using the W-01RN receiver with Harmony remote and I would appreciate if you can answer the following questions:
1. How exactly you set up the device in harmony (i.e. which device type, manufacturer and which device model you are using)
2. Are you using EventGhost? If yes, which plug in are you using? I've tried with several and none of them works properly (some work, but only a few keys are recognized using the original remote; none with Harmony).

Thank you!
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO use Logitech Harmony Universal Remote Control without EventGhost4