Audio Sync issue
I realise you guys see this kind of thread allot but I'm really hoping you can help me with what's wrong with my configuration. So if your reading this thread thankyou in advance.

I've been trying to get a decent log of where it occured for a while but I think finally got a log you guys can work with:
It can be found here: http://www.protazoa.com/xbmc.old.log.txt

The problem:
Audio get out of sync whilst watching videos, usually only for a few minutes then gets back into sync.
Mostly avi files (probably Xvid or DivX):
I can't see that it's CPU or Memory bound.
In this particular instance it occurred when watching bones. The exact file that was playing at the time was:
/media/media/Videos/TV/Bones/Season-2/Bones.S02E03.The_Boy_in_the_Shroud.avi
I think avi is the container?

I'm afraid I don't know how to find out what the Audio and Video codecs are, maybe this could be added to the HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner

The system:
Ubuntu Jaunty 64 bit with XBMC Built on May 25 2009 (SVN:20654) installed from the PPA.
Quote:loz@gravity:~$ uname -a
Linux gravity 2.6.28-11-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 17 01:58:03 UTC 2009 x86_64 GNU/Linux
loz@gravity:~$ grep xbmc /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/team-xbmc/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main #XBMC

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Socket AM2 (2.5GHz) L2 Cache 1MB OEM Processo
RAM: 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 6200LE TurboCache supporting 256MB ON Asus EN6200LE 64MB Turbocache supporting 256MB DDR DVI PCI-E Graphics
Mothorboard: Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 Socket AM2 Nvidia MCP55P PCI-E 8 Channel audio ATX Motherboard
This also provides the audio which I believe is a realtek chip.

I'd really love to know what the issue is so any help you can provide would be great. I'm not opposed to hardware upgrades to achieve results but I've no idea which bit is lagging behind....
My friend has similar hardware and no problems so I'm not sure the hardware is to blame
Can no-one help me with this issue?

Is there not anything usefull in the log, or is my post lacking some important info?

I would be greatfull for any help....
have you tried enabling "Sync audio to display" in the video settings menu?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
There's no such setting :p

Try disabling pulseaudio.
Tongue "Sync video to display" ?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Haggy: I couldn't find the setting you mentioned in the video.

Killing pulseaudio didn't seem to improve matters,

New log file here: http://www.protazoa.com/xbmc.log3.txt

Is this line relevant?
21:37:58 T:3528878416 M:1391902720 DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuty - was:419302766.737875, should be:419312870.507575, error:10103.769700
Actually having said that, pulse audio seems to start up again every time I start XBMC.

So whats the best way to get rid of it....

Also the computer is connected to the surround sound amp via an Optical out, will that still work if pulseaudio is completly dead..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Sync issue0