XBMC Live Aptitude Script
Just wanted to confirm something about the aptitude script under xbmc live. I installed the aptitude script and it runs without error from the scrips/common scripts/aptitude location. My base install was a clean install of xbmc live 9.04 to an internal HDD.

I installed 9.04 right when it came out. About once a week I've run aptitude and it always tells me "no updates available." I see now that 9.04.1 is out but aptitude doesn't update to that.

I just wanted to confirm that this is correct?

Thanks in advance,
-Ed
XBMC Live 9.04 contains a bug with aptitude script, so you shouldn't even be able to see it, even worse it will most certainly not update.

If you could pastebin the log then I could verify it.

Cheers,
Tobias.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I've also noticed that aptitude success on checking updates, but it fails when trying to download and install the updates...
Same her fidoboy. I finally gave up with trying to get it to work.
Noteworthy that the aptitude script will error rather easily, for example if a package which doesn't have a key will error even if the rest of the system will be perfectly upgraded, IIRC even if one package can't be upgraded due to new dependencies it might fail.

I hope to have time to sort out these to give alot better messages instead of just "error".

Also please note that aptitude script is really fastly made and should at most be considered alpha, hopefully it will work better next point release though.

But please if people could try to drop to terminal and do sudo apt-get update and see if any key errors exists that would help me. If any key error exists please do
Code:
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys XXXXXX
where XXXXXX is the key errored in the terminal while doing apt-get update. When a apt-get update yields no key errors please trye the aptitude script once more.

Cheers,
Tobias.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Star 
I'll try to help you Topfs2, but i can execute apt-get update and upgrade perfectly with no problems at all. But using Aptitude, the script fails... I've no key errors.

regards,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live Aptitude Script0