Zotac ION questions with XBMC and windows 7
Question 
Hello everyone,

I am working on building my HTPC with my new Zotac ION board, everything is working smoothly, however i had a few questions that i hope can get some answers or suggestions.

1) I am currently dual booting this system with windows 7 and ubuntu. Grub is the default boot loader. Since its hooked up to a TV and 20 foot keyboard/mouse cords are ghetto looking i opted for the bluetooth keyboard/mouse setup. However i run into a huge problem when i try to boot into windows 7, the bluetooth isn't picked up via the bios and there isnt any keyboard input via the keyboard. Is there a way to "boot hook" the OS. Example: Default boot into XBMC, have a shortcut to boot into windows. Reboot and system boots into windows, reboot again and it boots into XBMC. Something similar to the PS3 and its OtherOS setting.

2) Are there support scripts/plug-ins for XBMC in linux like there was with the original? Im having issue trying to find information on this issue.

3) Im going to purchase this usb IR (http://www.compusa.com/applications/sear...ge=5&body=) I will be using a Logitech 880 remote, i understand to use lirc. What type of device to i select when setting up the Logitech remote?

Thanks!

Tim
No idea on your question, but from my limited knowledge
i belive that would be hard to do. since you have a boot menu either grub/lio or win7 you would need to instruct the boot loader to pick a system to boot.

Yes there are. head over to the script & plugin section of this forum.
Most plugins should work in linux/win/mac since it's python.
However there might be some dependencies on some script that causes it to only work on a specific os. Download the SVN Repo installer plugin - then you can browse and install/uninstall all the script you want directly from xbmc.

This thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...gitech+880
might help you or else try searching and browsing some more. this stuff
usually has to do with LIRC and linux and you should also be able to get help on dedicated linux forums.
Welcome to the forums!

For 2, grab the SVN repo installer. See http://xbmc.org/devblogs for natethomas's run-through of it.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thanks for all the info, almost non of the video plugins work. Simpsons, Family guy, myth busters, you tube. but oh well. The one thing driving me crazy is the bluetooth and booting issues. This Trendnet adapter, i have to re-pair every time a new OS is booted. IE linux paired, reboot windows 7 has to be re-paired again to the device. That and i cannot select an OS in grub with the bluetooth keyboard is aggravating. Looking into getting a Cirago usb bluetooth adapter with CSR.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ION questions with XBMC and windows 70