IPTV (Internet Protocol TeleVision) support in XBMC?
Hello,
When I try to look IPTV on XBMC it sometimes crashes.

I use Ubuntu 9.10 and manually installed XBMC 9.11

When XBMC crashes in homedir appears:
http://pastebin.com/0a0tSCKB

Please help.
There's an posting on Whirlpool forums about how to set it up for TPG (an Aussie ISP) and some of the problems you might encounter. The main issue is that the latest stable release of XBMC doesn't seem to time out the connection (socket timeout setting?) if the RTP url is no longer providing video, and XBMC freezes. I don't think the nightly build has this problem though, but then you might get other instabilities. Anyway take a look at http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-rep...50873.html

For those who posted "Don't worry, I worked it out" without posting how you worked it out, shame on you! The .strm file or .m3u file is just a media file like any other .avi that you open for playing in XBMC.
Hi! Can someone look inside log file and could point me why it is not working? Can the support be added or. is there any hope do show that stream. I know it is somekind of mpg4 stream but.....

TNX

http://pastebin.com/RHft5H1J
Hi! Should i provide any additional information?
This is Siol.tv iptv provider debug log.
Hi EricV,

I've found your post by searching on the forum because I have similar problem.
I'm trying to see IPTV channels on RTP from Movistar (Imagenio, Telefónica) in Spain and I can watch the channels on XBMC usig a strm file with the URL but the video is very pixelated sometimes.
With VLC as RTP client I have not these problems.
it is the same thing happens to you?

In the log I can see some FFMpeg errors:

ERROR: ffmpeg[A9E2AB70]: [h264] non-existing SPS 0 referenced in buffering period
ERROR: ffmpeg[A9E2AB70]: [h264] non-existing PPS 0 referenced
ERROR: ffmpeg[A9E2AB70]: [h264] decode_slice_header error
ERROR: ffmpeg[A9E2AB70]: [h264] no frame!

Have you solved the problem or know something about it?

Thanks.

Ok, I just saw the title of your second post. I'm going to see the bug 9435.
Regards,
Vanesa.
Bytefire Wrote:hello, i'm using IPTV at home and it works fine but one thing annoys me:

It buffers/caches so much Confused

how can i turn the cache function off? because when i view IPTV with the VLC-Player, the switching from one channel to another needs about 1 second, under XBMC 4 seconds.

Have You solved the problem with buffering?
PhilippKo Wrote:Have You solved the problem with buffering?

Having an option to disable buffering would be pretty cool...or an option to start playing the stream immediately.
Hi all,

I wonder why the PVR stuff can't play RTP or UDP streams (it seems to play only HTTP streams), like IPTV channels Huh. Correct me if I'm wrong or if there is a more appropriate thread to ask this.
Regards,
Vanesa.
LStranger Wrote:Hello there!
I've just posted this question into XBMC Feature Suggestions forum but I think it may belong here so I crosspost it. Sorry if that bothers you.

I don't have any tuner card and I don't plan to have any but I have few TV and radio stations on my list already, added them (via PLS file) to 'Favorites' playlist so I can somehow watch/listen them. But furthermore of that - many Internet providers provide lot of Internet TV (IPTV) and radio streams, tens of them. If I have, for example, 80 channels on my list then put them in 'Favorites' folder isn't right solution and it will be a headache to use such big list. Sad

What I (and other users of XBMC, I suppose) would like to have:
- there should be folders 'CHANNELS' and 'RADIO' in main XBMC menu (hideable as 'SHOWS' and 'MOVIES' are, of course);
- when I enter 'CHANNELS' folder I have to see someting like:
  • 001 : Some Station 1 channel
  • 002 : Other Station 1 channel
  • 003 : Some Station 2 channel
  • 004 : Some Station 3 channel
  • 005 : Other Station 3 channel
- I can add channels to list somehow (manually or by scanning a directory and/or playlist(s));
- I can select channel either by browsing the list (Up, Down, PgUp, PgDown) or entering desired channel number on numeric pad;
- when I watch selected channel I can browse channels either by pushing PrevCh / NextCh buttons or entering desired channel number on numeric pad.
Near the same about Radio stations too.

I thought about own implementation for this and tried to search forum if someone working on this already but found nothing similar. Would like to hear if someone working on this or if there is some not finalized implementation for this in sources already so I would not invent the wheel. Smile

I'm interested in same thing did u don somthing on it or fount plugin or tutorial for it.
ht150258 Wrote:I'm interested in same thing did u don somthing on it or fount plugin or tutorial for it.

I don't think there is anything like this as of now. But this is something I'd like to have! For now I've mapped my ch+/ch- keys to the directory with my *.pls files so when I press ch+/ch- I get a list of of my streams and i select which one I wnat to change it too.
Last night I had a play with streaming IPTV from my provider (T-Home). in XBMC it is very choppy, audio and video that is.
After fiddling with mplayer on the commandline I finally got a fine smooth video with the following options:
Code:
mplayer -vo vdpau -vc ffh264vdpau -ac hwac3 -fs rtp://239.35.86.11:10000

This is on a zbox HD-ID11 running ubuntu 10.04 and the latest XBMC of course. So, it looks like rtp-streams in XBMC aren't played using vdpau. Have I forgotten to configure something to get this working or is this a known issue?
Hi!

Is it possible for udp stream to specify parameters.
For example udp://@245.5.7.9:5502 has option for more languages.

So i'd like to specify that always second language will be used, also interlaced must be on for this option, auto crop of black bars.

Is it possible that at all to individually specify for every stream the settings?

I have udp defined in .m3u file.

Is it possible to use teletext on iptv streams without any additional pvr back-end?
Since udp streams already work flawlesly in XBMC, I'm missing these very basic operation points:
- Get the EPG from a xml file from local disk (there are many external programs than can generate the xml file from online sources)
- Match the EPG xml file with the m3u channel playlist (this also can be a simple manual user generated txt file)
- Show a channel selection menu (screen view) with integrated EPG.
- Optionally: when changing channels, the OSD with EPG could pop-up for a couple of seconds.
- Optionally: Teletext
cupax - i'm looking for exactly what you're looking for! I've got the xmltv data file downloaded from schedulesdirect.org but have no way to import that data to xbmc for epg purposes. i also have my m3u file for all my channels just need to connect the dots somehow..
I'm trying to get up to speed here with IPTV.
I've downloaded, installed xbmc and vlc...
I'm trying to access my set top box ...
It seems I have to determine the IPTV multicast group and port for my box..
I've tried some of the examples in this thread but with no luck.
I'm on mac os x...
I've created a .strm file with stuff like
udp://@239.100.200.100:1234
I open that with xbmc but it fails...
I dug around the internet and found these groups for IPTV

224.0.51.0 - 224.0.51.255
224.0.78.0 - 224.0.78.255
224.0.103.0 - 224.0.104.255
224.0.254.0 - 224.0.254.255
224.0.255.0 - 224.0.255.255

my nMap has found the ip address and some open ports for the set top box, but I don't think those are going to be of use..

Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV (Internet Protocol TeleVision) support in XBMC?0