200gb drive - am I using all the space?
Hey all --

I just realized that I might not be using all the space on my XBMC 200gb drive. I have a softmod 1.0 box and I've installed everything with SID v5.01 and cloned the drive from the original drive using CHIMP.

If I used CHIMP to clone the drive, do I still need to do something else for the machine to take advantage of the extra space beyond 137gb?

If I'm missing something, will I have to re-format the drive all over again?

Thanks!

-Alli
So what's the current partition layout? XBPartitioner can tell you if there's any space that isn't assigned.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
You need to enable a G drive (new BIOS) and format the drive. Then you will have the rest of the space there. All bioses afaik only have 137 gb on F drive rest goes to G and here it's important to have the right cluster size or corruption will occur (bigger than 300 gb drives though)
Softmods (such as SID5) don't use conventional hacked BIOS types.

Assuming the mod is XBPartitioner compatible, it doesn't matter in the slightest what drive layout the mod is configured to use.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
200gb drive - am I using all the space?0