XBOX no longer accesses share folder after upgrade to windows 7
I have 2 xboxes used mainly as media centers now. both have been running fine for years without any tweaks or updates. I just upgraded the hardware in the PC acting as a file server for these 2 boxes and installed windows 7. when I tried to access the share folders on the machine it prompts me to enter a user name and password, but does not accept the credentials after they are entered.

Is there something in the file sharing properties I need to tweak? Although, I've spent the last 3 hours turning each option on and off and every combination in between that I can think of without any luck.

I remember going through a similar problem last year with a Vista Machine and old XP laptop, but can't seem to find the page/walkthrough I used to get that working.

And insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I've got the exact same problem. Since upgrade to windows 7, password-sharing turned off and allowing "everyone" to read, nothing except the computer's name shows up on the xbox.

File-sharing works fine between windows-computers though.
I had this problem , the fix was to uninstall the Windows Live Sign in Assistant, will try to find the post about this. I have no idea why it was causing this issue but I spent days and several rebuilds trying to solve this issue and then came accross the post that solved the problem
Original post for this fix is http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54605
Problem is, I don't have that.

I can see my computer in the workgroup on the xbox but when I try to access it, nothing happens at all.

Tried deleting old permissions and users on those folders from the old setup and tried to share without password and without encryption.
i have the exact same problem but with XP (& xbox), i installed a newer version of xbmc and now i keep getting lock requests every time i try to browse my shared folders :mad:
MWAHAHAHAHA... you upgraded from either vista basic/home premium (i think some basic/home premium still have the feature of the ultimate/business and windows 7) or windows xp didn't you?
Windows vista business/ultimate and windows 7 treat sharing very different...
You need to share the folder, then edit the user setting for that shared folder (it is an option in the properties i believe) and Add a guest account and give that read permission... I usually just give my guest account co-owner...
d3fiant Wrote:Original post for this fix is http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54605

That is a problem if you can sometimes access it, but other times the user account gets locked out (due to the worthless sign in agent)

Atleast this worked in the build 7000 that i had experimented with.. i am currently just running vista ultimate...
Rambo Lite Wrote:i have the exact same problem but with XP (& xbox), i installed a newer version of xbmc and now i keep getting lock requests every time i try to browse my shared folders :mad:

Which version of XP.. Pro?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBOX no longer accesses share folder after upgrade to windows 70