Hava To XBMC
Ok I can play HAVA via VLC on my winxp and on my asus linux using VLC, I can stream stored files from my pc to the xbmc xbox.

What I am trying to do is stream from Hava to my XBMC xbox...I have the .strm file using the rtsp protocol on my xbox with the Hava running on the network. When I click the .strm files I get 2-3 seconds of clear video and then it boots me back to the xbmc video menu. Not sure why it does that...maybe caching of some sort? Its standard definition video shouldnt be high bitrate.

Has anyone had any success in reading the HAVA stream directly from the Hava to xbmc on the xbox? I tried various iterations of streaming from the pc with VLC, but it doesnt appear VLC can play a video stream from device a and then stream that video to device b....its one or the other. So am hoping to go direct to xbmc from the hava.
Most gracious and humble bump....
Please post a debug log on pastebin.com, http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=261211&postcount=1 . If you're not on windows replace the windows specific stuff with your OS.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Ok here is my info...am using soft modded xbox, am trying to stream directly from HAVA to the modded xbox. Here are my details below:

1. System Information:
-------------------------
a. Running softmodded XBOX with Unleash V0.38

b. Here is the XBOX console information:
XBOX version v1.2/v1.3
Bios:5101 Retail

c. Here is the XBMC version:
XBMC pre-9.10r20253 (compiled May 13 2009)
MPlayer XBMC-SVN-r17397 (Jan 27 2009 - 23:40:31

d. Here is the Skin:
Project Mayhem

2. Steps to Reproduce:
-------------------------
a. Connect HAVA Player on network to stream from cable box

b. Select standard definition channel to stream

c. Made simple stream file containing the following ip address of the HAVA machine on local network:

rtsp://192.168.1.120

d. Import .strm file to XBOX on following directory path:
Q: > UserData > playlists> video

e. Add source, can see the strm under Video

f. Click on it, video streams for 2-3 seconds and then it reverts back to the Video menu...click on it again...2-3 seconds of clear video and then back to menu.

3. Debug log:
----------------------

> Debug log was posted to pastebin.com under my username prestond at http://pastebin.com/mcfeb59f
- In the log you can see where it queries the HAVA player at line 561 (192.168.1.120)
- Then starting at lines 606 I see the first error:

13:36:42 M: 33636352 DEBUG: Playback has started
#
13:36:42 M: 33648640 DEBUG: .\Platinum\Source\Core\PltCtrlPoint.cpp(892): [platinum.core.ctrlpoint] 1248097002:431 [PLT_CtrlPoint:TonguerocessGetDescriptionResponse] INFO: Received device description for cabb8db4-7655-40a4-a32e-0e2aeb06171d (result = 0)
#
13:36:42 M: 33648640 ERROR: CThread:ConfusedtaticThread : Division by zero (code:0xc0000094) at 0x63d0ade5
#
13:36:42 M: 33648640 DEBUG: .\Platinum\Source\Core\PltCtrlPoint.cpp(911): [platinum.core.ctrlpoint] 1248097002:433 [PLT_CtrlPoint:TonguerocessGetDescriptionResponse] FATAL: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-1 [FAILURE]
#
13:36:42 M: 33648640 NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()

> Looks like there is division by zero error
Is this the proper forum to be logging debug statements and the like? I am just wondering if its some sort of setting or actual bug (it did error out with divide by zero error). Maybe my cache isnt large enough? I did try to increase it slightly with no joy there

I would think we could stream from the Hava to xbmc xbox using rtsp protocol...its supposed to be supported and again I can play the rtsp stream from the Hava to my pc's using VLC (videolan player)
Quasi figured it out using VLC at the following thread:

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55169

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hava To XBMC0