e8400 or q9550 for Vista 32 + Aeon
I know that XBMC only supports dual cores at the moment, but since I can get both processors for about the same price, is there any reason NOT to get the q9550?! As far as the motherboard is concerned, I'm pretty set on getting this...
  • GIGABYTE GA-E7AUM-DS2H LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 9400 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

I originally built an AMD 5050e + Asus m3n78-vm + passive heatsink, but it did choke a tad bid running Aeon and some 1080P content. That being said, I sold both and planned to upgrade to an e8400 but was shocked that the q9550 is only a few bucks more?!

What say jooooHuhHuh?
Either one will work fine for decoding everything on the CPU so it doesn't really matter. If you care about power/heat, you want the E8400.
mitul103 Wrote:Either one will work fine for decoding everything on the CPU so it doesn't really matter. If you care about power/heat, you want the E8400.

Thanks, that's what I thought. After doing the passive, low power, AMD route, it's going to be fun doing the opposite with the q9550 and going totally overboard. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
e8400 or q9550 for Vista 32 + Aeon0