Not Detecting New TV Shows
#31
rausch101 Wrote:Still having this issue. At work so no debug log right now, but I just remembered this. Hitcher, you still have this problem? Anyone else?

I'm having this issue. If I have a whole new TV Show (ex: Weeds) that hadn't previously been scanned in, all episodes are scanned correctly. However, if I try to add an episode of a show already in my database (ex: latest Dexter), the new episode will not be added.

A little background info: I'm running official Dharma Beta 3 on Revo 1600 w/ windows 7 & Cirrus skin, autoupdate video library on, system left on at all times, only goes into suspend. I use Ember Media Manager to scan and rename all files, place them in the proper directories before allowing Revo to scan.

The only solution I have found is to completely exit out of XBMC, restart Revo, and Reload XBMC. Then the new episodes will get scanned and show up.

I'd like a much more simpler approach.
Reply
#32
atarantino Wrote:The only solution I have found is to completely exit out of XBMC, restart Revo, and Reload XBMC. Then the new episodes will get scanned and show up.

I'll have to try that when I get home. Have you checked to see if <episodeguide> is in your tvshow.nfo (e.g. TV Shows/Dexter/tvshow.nfo)?
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
Reply
#33
I figured this out - basically it seems like the "Update Library" function needs to add some logic from the "Scan for new content" function. Maybe I'm wrong but this seems like a bug. Here's an overall explanation again:


I use Media Companion to generate all of my .nfo's for my movies/tv shows. All goes well until a TV show episode is moved to my TV Show folder (the one scanned by XBMC) before Media Companion can create an .nfo for it. If, after that happens, I then load up XBMC and do "Update Library" nothing is found for that episode. At this point, one of two things gets the episode to detect:

First method:

1. Create the .nfo for the episode with Media Companion.
2. Load up XBMC, go to the individual TV Show and do "Scan for new content" (Update Library does NOT find the episode)

Second method:

1. Delete the tvshow.nfo file created by Media Companion
2. Load up XBMC, export video library into individual files (don't overwrite old files) thereby creating a new tvshow.nfo file
3. Go to the individual TV Show and do "Scan for new content" (Update Library does NOT find the episode)


Looking in the DEBUG log, all that it says about scanning for my TV shows is:

DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir E:\Media\TV Shows\It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia\

(same for each show)

Here's my tvshow.nfo from Media Companion and from XBMC

DEBUG log (it finds the new episode of 30 rock at 21:26:52 via "Scan for new content")
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
Reply
#34
I could never get it to work, even with a episodeguideurl.

Here is one of my tvshow.nfo files:

http://pastebin.com/aQARj1sW

Never picks ups new episodes unless I create a new nfo file for the episode.
Reply
#35
Well look at that, just got it to work. Had to add the following to the tvshow.nfo file (the below is for South Park)

Code:
<episodeguide>
  <url cache="75897.xml">http://thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/75897/all/en.zip</url>
  </episodeguide>


http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Exp...y#TV_Shows

Note, you'll prob have to refresh the TV show for that to take effect.
Reply
#36
Hello Just installed XBMC for the first time and i have this problem no i do not use any external program to get media info, xbmc does that fine.

Problem comes when i add an episode or a new tv show in the shows source folder.It does not pick up anything new to the library. With new shows it picks it up but shows that it has no episodes in it.

Tried everything relevant in this thread, the only thing that works is removing and rescanning everything on tv source which is kind of ridiculous. So any new ideas or are you guys planning to fix this or should i just get back to my wdtv.
Reply
#37
Yup. Having the same issue here. Been searching the forums for a solution and ran into this thread. I've tried all the suggestions here, but no go.

I'm running the latest Dharma with TV Shows on an external drive with file structure as followed:

/media/external/shows/tv show/season/episode

UPDATE: So I seemed to have stumbled upon a way to fix the problem I'm having. I went into Video and deleted the TV Show source. I then re-entered the path which refreshed and scraped everything under the my Shows folder. Strange how that works because I did a "Update library" and "Scan for new content" a million times.
Reply
#38
rausch101 Wrote:I figured this out - basically it seems like the "Update Library" function needs to add some logic from the "Scan for new content" function. Maybe I'm wrong but this seems like a bug. Here's an overall explanation again:


I use Media Companion to generate all of my .nfo's for my movies/tv shows. All goes well until a TV show episode is moved to my TV Show folder (the one scanned by XBMC) before Media Companion can create an .nfo for it. If, after that happens, I then load up XBMC and do "Update Library" nothing is found for that episode. At this point, one of two things gets the episode to detect:

First method:

1. Create the .nfo for the episode with Media Companion.
2. Load up XBMC, go to the individual TV Show and do "Scan for new content" (Update Library does NOT find the episode)

First method worked for me. In the debug log it indicated that there was no new content in the folder when I did an update. However, when I scanned for new content, it finally found it.

Strange. Hopefully this will get addressed. Thanks, though.
Reply
 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average



Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not Detecting New TV Shows00