Not Detecting New TV Shows
If you add new files to that NEW folder after the initial scan, however, are they detected?
Necromancyr Wrote:If you add new files to that NEW folder after the initial scan, however, are they detected?

I deleted the XBMC database. Then updated library. (So starting from a clean slate) - it still didn't find the 'new' files in The Office (US)

So as per your suggestion, I created \New\Season 5\ and put The Office (US) - S05E07 in there. Then forced an update. Scraper found this as New Tricks (which is fine for our tests) - I then put The Office (US) - S05E08 in the same folder, forced an update and it was found again!

A pastebin of the entire session above (including it not detecting the new episodes in \The Office (US)\Season 5 but detecting them in \New\Season 5) can be found at http://pastebin.com/mbb6dbac

I then deleted the database, rebooted, put all the Office Season 5 episodes back into the correct folder and removed the .nfo and .tbn files from episode 1-6 which were normally detected fine. Update library.. NOTHING was found at all this time! So I removed tvshow.nfo from \The Office (US)\ and forced an update and it then found everything! Which again confuses me as I can't see anything in tvshow.nfo that would indicate how many episodes there should be and/or stop it from scraping?
Pastebin of this session @ http://pastebin.com/m6cddb068

Necro.. have you got a tvshow.nfo in your TV Show folder? Try deleting it and see whether that allows you it to update the library?
vexation Wrote:Necro.. have you got a tvshow.nfo in your TV Show folder? Try deleting it and see whether that allows you it to update the library?

I'm giving up on this. The above worked on my Ubuntu install but the same behavior didn't apply on my Win7 box.

All I know for sure is that this problem only happens on shows that have .nfo files generated by MIP. If I delete all the .nfo files and just let XBMC handle the library and scraping itself it works and finds updates perfectly.

It's something to do with the .nfo files but exactly what or why, I don't know.
I am currently having the same issues on XBMC for MacOSX. I have my media stored on a NAS, where I keep my TV series.

Yesterday a new episode of Burn Notice was added, but when I start XBMC and I manually force the app to update the library, my new episodes do not show up. They are all in MKV format, so that shouldn't be a problem.

I will try to get a log from this process.
I get the same thing if I forget to run Media Companion and there's no NFO for the new episode XBMC wont add it during a scan.

Here's an example -

http://pastebin.com/m63591071

And if I delete the tvshow.nfo it works just fine -

http://pastebin.com/m489f4215
I'm having a problem with newly added shows and shows that I've added info to on tvdb not getting added/updated. Is it possible that there's a prob with tvdb or am I way off??
So...I went back based on vex's comment and deleted the tvshow.nfo in ALL of my tv show folders. I can't remember what program I did it in, but I used something to generate them. Reimported (i.e. deleted and rescaned) all my tv shows and everything was detected fine. Will see if new episodes get scanned in now ok.
I'm still having the same problem where new episodes don't get scanned by XBMC if there's a tvshow.nfo present.
I´m having the same problem, any solution yet?
i've said this about a million times now. the cause is you guys using SHODDY software that generates tvshow.nfo's without a <episodeguide> tag. without that tag we cannot add episodes without nfo's cause we have nowhere to get the information from. capiche?
spiff Wrote:i've said this about a million times now. the cause is you guys using SHODDY software that generates tvshow.nfo's without a <episodeguide> tag. without that tag we cannot add episodes without nfo's cause we have nowhere to get the information from. capiche?

ops sorry spiff, guess i should have read some more posts, thanks for help Smile
heh, wasn't really aimed at you personally, more at the whole thread Wink
spiff Wrote:i've said this about a million times now. the cause is you guys using SHODDY software that generates tvshow.nfo's without a <episodeguide> tag. without that tag we cannot add episodes without nfo's cause we have nowhere to get the information from. capiche?

so the solution is ?

by that tag yo mean this one ?
Code:
<episodeguideurl>http://www.thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/75842/all/en.zip</episodeguideurl>

I have been experiencing this for a long time and fix it by delete all the shows .nfo and reload all the shows.

Anyway if you delete the nfo and scan and scrap all the info again within xbmc why xbmc dont create the correct nfo again ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
I've had this problem for a long, long time. After lots of fiddling with the <episodeguideurl> tag, I thought I found the answer by searching the forum (should have done that a while ago). I tried removing a show from my library, changing my tvshow.nfo to reflect the updated tag and it still didn't find new episodes. I still have to delete my tvshow.nfo entirely for the scanner to pick up new shows.

From fekker in this thread:
Quote:Starting around build 18999, it's looking for <episodeguide>

add that field to your .nfo (same data as episodeguideurl)..

Still didn't solve my problem...

Is this correct?

Code:
<episodeguide>http://www.thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/75842/all/en.zip</episodeguide>

Is this wiki article still correct?

Any ideas, anyone? Third party programs and XBMC must look for different cues on gathering scraper information?
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log
Still having this issue. At work so no debug log right now, but I just remembered this. Hitcher, you still have this problem? Anyone else?
Have a question? First try the XBMC online-manual and FAQ. Also: How to submit a debug log

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Not Detecting New TV Shows0