• 4(current)
XBMC Remote for Android
kizer Wrote:I'll try and take a look at my setup tonight and see if I notice anything weird and give you some more assistance from there.

Worst case send me a PM to remind me If you dont' see something up in the next day or so.

My XBMC install on my PC is pretty generic, but I'll give it a looksee this evening.

Thank you, but guess what I updated to Cyanogen 3.9.8 today and boom it works right away Nerd So probably some bug in the ROM I was using.
Happy times Big Grin
Im still on 3.6.5 because well it just works. Wink Wow, 3.9.8 I'm falling way behind.

Glad you got your problem fixed.
Are there any screenshots of this app? Would love to see how it looks...
stokedfish Wrote:Are there any screenshots of this app? Would love to see how it looks...

First post, follow the link.

@Jeroen, glad to see you got it working. Next release will sport a LogViewer Smile

@Waffa
Great to see you find it usefull! Handling music like that from the garden is why I wanted to make it Smile
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
New release, I have tried to take into account the stuff people have suggested and have moved control to EventClient but HttpApi for data which speeds up navigation in remote view tremendously.

RemoteView have recieved some love and you can use Keyboard in it and trackball for navigation. There is Media Keys in the REmote view and I have added a temporary log viewer in there that might help next time someone gets into troubles.

I made when selecting a file in Media List it goes straight into now playing but since now playing isn't very functional it might not be as nice now but I think it's the way it should behave when it's done. but worth discussing Smile

Cheers,
Tobias.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Ooh yeah, downloading now.

Edit:

Tried r26 and remote funtion gives force close.Confused
Starting file will bring me to now playing.Nod
Waffa Wrote:Ooh yeah, downloading now.
Tried r26 and remote funtion gives force close.Confused

Same result here.
Even in the Eclipse/Android emulator

Seems to be a typo (or, indeed, a copy/paste troll) in the code:
RemoteActivity.java tries to bonk in the "now playing" button in stead of the "log" button.

Patch:
Code:
Index: src/com/remote/xbmc/RemoteActivity.java
===================================================================
--- src/com/remote/xbmc/RemoteActivity.java    (revision 26)
+++ src/com/remote/xbmc/RemoteActivity.java    (working copy)
@@ -77,8 +77,8 @@
            }
        });

-        final Button GoNowPlayingButton = (Button) findViewById(R.id.GoNowPlayingButton);
-        GoNowPlayingButton.setOnClickListener(new View.OnClickListener() {
+        final Button GoLogButton = (Button) findViewById(R.id.GoLogButton);
+        GoLogButton.setOnClickListener(new View.OnClickListener() {
            public void onClick(View v) {
                 Intent myIntent = new Intent(v.getContext(), LogViewer.class);
                 startActivityForResult(myIntent, 0);

Seems to work - at least in the emulator (at work and vpn home, so I can't actually see if xbmc does anything)

:O) Mikkle
I don't have my HTC Hero yet but nevertheless started fiddeling:

Topfs you on IRC? I have some performance issues with the thumb loading.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Freezy, Did you have to do any voodoo stuff to get thumbnails to show?
I'm testing on the Android SDK and on an HTC Magic, and I get text-only lists...

Eek nice screenshot freezy. How did you.....Huh
As I said, I'm playing around, it's not in a state to release yet since the thumbs load too slowly. Besides I have no SVN write permissions to the repository Wink

Thumbs are fetched using the FileDownload command of the HTTP API. One thing that would gain speed would be a) dropping the overhead of the base64-encoding and b) already resizing them. That would necessitate changes in the XBMC code though. Topfs2? Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Ah, local stuff... (you had me worried there for a second.)
Meanwhile - and just for fun - I've hacked up a nifty feature that fali has in his project - a message on XBMC if the phone gets an incoming call.
Nifty, fancy, useless and fun! Big Grin

If time permits - and if Topfs2 (or you) won't beat me to it - I'll look into populating the "now playing" view with relevant meta-data.

Awesome work, finaly got it working after i stopped being a nub with XBMC (only installed it last night) makes a nicer Control than the Xbox controler, and the GF will even be able to work out how to play what she wants to watch Tongue

PS Could the remote control bit get a look at? Having no back button in there is a bit of a pain, and i find myself using the Boxee app instead to just control the screen.
Yes, I guess the leftmost button maps to "previous" or whatever the funct is called in XBMC. Anyway, it maps to the same as backspace.
Definitely need something that maps to escape as well.
Is this what you mean?

OK that's what happens when you click on a cover, and there's a track view too where you can choose individual songs. Once I finished cleaning up the code I'll post a diff or commit it directly if Topfs2 gives me SVN write permissions Wink

Image Image
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Remote for Android12