allmusic.com album info lookup broken again
:veryangry: a feature i really wanted to see working... and to this day still have not :verysad: i am running the so called fixed 29-08-2004 which states in changelog that connections to allmusic are working again.

(afraid not)

recv error : 0

thus being the error i get in my xbmclog! any advice help or a solution would be greatly appreciated! everything else works.. bar a new little problem that occurs recently in shoutcast of "parse node error" which i believe is there end.
Sad 
are you using very latest project mayhem skin?, plus have you then deleted both 0face008 folders (see faq)?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
yes! deleted all data from u & t as i had no savegames and other apps installed anyway! and did a fresh install letting xbmc create the relevant directories... subtitles, albums, thumbs etc... using a router which i successfully setup for weather, cddb, imdb etc... but no allmusic.com still!

nameserver & default gateway set to my wireless router ip of 192.168.1.1

static ip of 192.168.1.5 sub 255.255.255.0

what now?
oh! p.s gamester17 update you faq link in signature its broken Wink
allmusic.com change there site like most people change there underwear :p

unfortunately, every change they do means xbmc needs to change also.

i believe allmusic.com has changed thier site after that fix went in.

we are currently looking in to other possibilities of how to handle this. any ideas/suggestions/code is greately appreciated.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

if i knew where to start debugging the code i would... i.e file to examine etc... before compile of course Huh
try:

musicinfoscraper.cpp
musicalbuminfo.cpp

let us know if you get it working.

i've looked at the code and as far as i'm concerned it's calling up the relevant strings etc... correctly! its the connection side i think thats the problem!
agreed - the strings used to query the allmusic.com site appear to be fine.

perhaps it's the parsing of the returned page (or is one not even returned?) (allmusic.com appears very slow for me from my browser at work, so perhaps it's just timing out?)

let me know if you find anything out. i can't debug at the moment (no dev machine till the weekend) otherwise i'd have a looksee myself.

cheers,
jonathan

Sad what an excellent feature thats going to waste due to not working correctly! anyone even looking into this?
as of 2004-09-03 cvs, the music info from allmusic.com is working. i just looked up a handful of albums. the information is stored correctly in the albuminfo table. i double checked it with sql lite browser. the genre table also gets updated.

one problem i see is that the song table is not updated. the genre view only returns matches from the song table. (this data is initially populated by a scan.) in, in particular, see this problem because most of my mp3's are not tagged with a genre.
kraqh3d: yes, we have the info (as far as song titles go etc.) for the songs from allmusic.com, but this info is not put into the database.

part of the reason for that is probably how to deal with the case where we get different song titles for the same song (ie named one thing in the tag for the particular song, and another at allmusic.com). unfortunately, i've seen typos up at allmusic.com which prevents automatic overwriting etc.

ideas etc. are appreciated as per usual.

cheers,
jonathan

i think the problem is with musicdatabase: addalbuminfo andupdatealbuminfo.   both of these should function identically to addsong except that they dont really add any songs, only update them

currently, they perform:

1)addartist
2)addgenre
3)addpath
4)addalbum

all of which first check to see if theres an existing match to the string before adding a new item.  what's missing is an update to the songs table.

depending on how well we trust the returned data from allmusic, and what info we actually want to update, something like this needs to be added:

Quote:cstdstring strsqlsongs;
strsqlsongs.format("update song set idgenre=%i,inumgenres=%i,idartist=%i,inumartists=%i where idalbum=%i",
lgenreid,inumgenres,lartistid,inumartists,lalbumid);
m_pds->exec(strsqlsongs.c_str());

**edit** had a typo in the query
ok so why does mine always say cannot connect to http://www.allmusic.com??

please help!
@deanparry: im not sure why you (and only you) seem have have problems.

@jmarshall: i implemented this fix (only for genre) and it works as it should. i'll contact you to discuss what we *should* do.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
allmusic.com album info lookup broken again0