[AEON] HOW-TO extend Aeon fonts to display unicode glyphs font characters
This is awesome. Will download and test on my MQ 2 system later. Thanks Smile
Joe4TheRecord Wrote:This is an old thread but a very important one. Thanks so much franciscohs for figuring this out and sharing your work. I'm running Aeon65 now and I noticed there were some fonts that your set didn't cover. I fixed those per your instructions and put them on rapidshare as well for those who need them.

http://rapidshare.com/files/445962165/Ae...i_fonts.7z

Note: I run Aeon MQ2 occasionally and these fonts should work just as well for that skin too.

Hey Joe4TheRecord,
The file is missing from Rapidshare.

Can you re-upload?
Thanks.
I just went through this procedure for the AEON NOX fonts - here you go:
http://www.4shared.com/file/M5JdLOna/aeo...fonts.html

thx again to franciscohs for figuring this out!
Thanks not_, but damn 71MB just for fonts? Smile
I just uploaded an updated version of the aeon nox fonts.
The zip file now only weights 15MB instead of 70+:
http://www.4shared.com/file/gild79rv/aeo...Fonts.html

This due to leaving out one font (BebasNeue) - since afaik it is only used for the menu bar - and also due to using another font (TakaoPGothic) to merge into the aeon nox fonts instead of the big arial unicode TTF.
This of course means that now there are fewer symbols in the fonts than with the last pack, but with the media I have in my library I did not find a single one showing missing symbols - so maybe these fonts are enough for others too.

The main reason I did this update is that with the last pack the fonts were a little too big; this showed e.g. in the music visualization view with the text being shifted down a notch and hence not aligning properly with the view's layout.
At least to my eyes this is fixed with this update.

Btw: these fonts might also be interesting for people without japanese media in their library since they correctly display the pressure change arrow symbols in the weather view (weather plus). Wink
not_ Wrote:I just uploaded an updated version of the aeon nox fonts.

This due to leaving out one font (BebasNeue) - since afaik it is only used for the menu bar - and also due to using another font (TakaoPGothic) to merge into the aeon nox fonts instead of the big arial unicode TTF.
This of course means that now there are fewer symbols in the fonts than with the last pack, but with the media I have in my library I did not find a single one showing missing symbols - so maybe these fonts are enough for others too.

The main reason I did this update is that with the last pack the fonts were a little too big; this showed e.g. in the music visualization view with the text being shifted down a notch and hence not aligning properly with the view's layout.

Btw: these fonts might also be interesting for people without japanese media in their library since they correctly display the pressure change arrow symbols in the weather view (weather plus). Wink

Thanks for the alternative fonts, but how exactly do they map to the Aeon MQ2 fonts? Naturally they need to be renamed, but which files are being replaced?
I'm sorry but I am not familiar with the MQ2 fonts.
Replacing them might not even work properly if they are differently sized (ascent / descent wise) since this would shift the layout somehow.
It sure would be best to simply run through the procedure described in post #1 for these fonts too.
not_ Wrote:I just uploaded an updated version of the aeon nox fonts.

Thx for sharing your work. Do you mind if I link to these fonts on my project page?
Big_Noid Wrote:Thx for sharing your work. Do you mind if I link to these fonts on my project page?

not at all, go ahead.
In regards to the updated Aeon Nox fonts, I did indeed find a single artist's name that had missing characters in my collection. 电影配乐. The first and last character are missing. So it's not perfect, as mentioned, but it's certainly better than it was Smile
Sadly these fonts are not good for korean... Sad
Hi all, i am newbi xbmc, and i have some question:
1) could you please offer "Aeon65_uni_fonts.7z"?
2) can "Aeon65_uni_fonts.7z" support MQ3?
3) have another way to display the uni-fonts?
Hi guys,

Have tried this method for Aeon MQ3 fonts (both with ARIALUNI and korea-specific fonts) and absolutely cannot get it to work Sad The english letters become much bigger and looks weird.

Has anyone successfully combined MQ3 fonts with another with Korean support? If so, it'd be very much appreciated if you could post it!

Thanks Smile
would be interested in those too (though for chinese trad+simp and japanese), am a bit too lazy to do it myself and can live without...
i downloaded Aeon_uni_fonts.7z from this thread and replaced all the fonts in the aeon mq3 theme that had the same names and now it displays chinese and japanese characters as well. works for text in music:

list mode
multiplex mode
top left corner what's playing
home screen overlay
home screen next tracks
overlay on screen with visualization
next/previous on screen with visualization

here and there the font will be a few pixels too big and overlap something, but it's good enough for me.

haven't checked for movies, because i don't have any cn/jp characters in there

edit: i've tried rebooting inbetween changing each font and trying each font (for most of the fonts) by itself but that doesn't seem to work. i only got jp/cn text when having replaced multiple fonts. i.e. only replacing aeon_list.ttf will not give any cn/jp chars in the list mode, even though that's the font used there. don't know why.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AEON] HOW-TO extend Aeon fonts to display unicode glyphs font characters2