[AEON] HOW-TO extend Aeon fonts to display unicode glyphs font characters
(2013-05-30, 15:37)jotaro0010 Wrote: Yeah otherwise when merged the new characters will be twice the size of the original. if you rename the DejaVu font to MC360.ttf and put it in the fonts folder you can open up xbmc to test if it even has the characters you want.

After some testing I didn't get Fontforge to work like I wanted under Windows.
I've done the editing with FontLab Studio.
I've scaled the Arial font to match MC360 and added all Glyphs that did not exist in MC360.
This means that all the glyphs in Arial Unicode MS that are present in the MC360 font are exactly the same. All the extra glyphs are sized to have the same spacing and size.
The Arial Unicode font contains around 50000 glyphs
For supported character map see:
http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/...cklist.htm

Orignal MC360

MC360 extended with Arial Unicode MS

Link to MC360
Cool I didn't have the Arial Unicode MS font so I frankensteined mine out of a bunch of other fonts. I know the font comes with Microsoft Office, but I don't have it and alone the font is quite costly. It looks great thanks for that.
(2013-05-31, 15:48)jotaro0010 Wrote: Cool I didn't have the Arial Unicode MS font so I frankensteined mine out of a bunch of other fonts. I know the font comes with Microsoft Office, but I don't have it and alone the font is quite costly. It looks great thanks for that.
Thank you, wouldn't have figured it out without your help Smile
You could always install the trial version of Office to get the font.
I also have problems with Croatian-Serbian-Slovenian-Bosnian ČĆŽŠĐ characters. I can edit font ttf file and make updated font files because Arial characters in AEON fonts look awful. But with every skin update it's overwriten with the original. It would nice if author of the AEON skin accept these updates to original version. Smile
Hi,

Has anyone managed to figure out how to get Unicode fonts working with Aeon MQ5. Replacing the fonts in the skin folder fixes it for movie titles but all other names like widgets and addons are still missing the correct Unicode fonts and revert back to default. If anyone has the method could you please share it?
(2014-05-15, 15:41)ounyai Wrote: Hi,

Has anyone managed to figure out how to get Unicode fonts working with Aeon MQ5. Replacing the fonts in the skin folder fixes it for movie titles but all other names like widgets and addons are still missing the correct Unicode fonts and revert back to default. If anyone has the method could you please share it?

You need to replace all the fonts with Unicode ones.
I answered in the main thread but you need to have two fonts files, aeon_common and aeon_mainmenu. If you look in the fonts folder you see that there are various "styles" of the aeon_mainmenu so if your plan is to merge unicode character ranges, select the one from the style you will be using as your "base" to merge into.

scott s.
This is really a great and very helpful thread. I was looking for a way to include Arabic characters into Aeon MQ5 fonts, and following this thread plus "Rouzax"' suggestion -in his above post- to use FontLab Studio, I could do it easily.

Thank you guys for the help.
Hi,

I need to display the japanese characters for Aeon Nox. Anyone can repost the font file ?

Thanks.
(2016-05-01, 15:19)behemoth_fr Wrote: Hi,

I need to display the japanese characters for Aeon Nox. Anyone can repost the font file ?

Thanks.

Same here please
(2016-05-15, 21:17)elra Wrote:
(2016-05-01, 15:19)behemoth_fr Wrote: Hi,

Thanks.

Same here please

Not sure if you still need it but I changed host that is why the link was dead.
Updated my original post with the new link.
Can anyone share the fonts file? All the links are dead by now Sad
(2019-08-17, 16:32)tnkrer Wrote: Can anyone share the fonts file? All the links are dead by now Sad

Here you go
Link to MC360
(2019-08-17, 16:46)Rouzax Wrote:
(2019-08-17, 16:32)tnkrer Wrote: Can anyone share the fonts file? All the links are dead by now Sad

Here you go
Link to MC360 
Thanks! Not available at the moment .. I get this message - "This Nextcloud instance is currently in maintenance mode, which may take a while. This page will refresh itself when the instance is available again." Will try again later.
(2019-08-17, 19:51)tnkrer Wrote:
(2019-08-17, 16:46)Rouzax Wrote:

Here you go
Link to MC360 
Thanks! Not available at the moment .. I get this message - "This Nextcloud instance is currently in maintenance mode, which may take a while. This page will refresh itself when the instance is available again." Will try again later. 
Give it another try Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AEON] HOW-TO extend Aeon fonts to display unicode glyphs font characters2