Scraping multi-episode TV Show DVD ISO or VIDEO_TS harddrive backup - is it possible?
Pretty sure there's no way to scrape a DVD folder with the TV Show scraper. DVD ISO files work though.
Why not? I mean - there is a single file that must be launched - the .ifo or alternatively the .vob and in this thread is described how to regex it. Unfortunately it assumes a deeper structure (season subfolder, episode folder, VIDEO_TS folder, Video files) what I do not have.
I am just curious how the srapper gets the variables for season and episode out of this regex.
I know it seems like it should be easy, but good luck getting an answer.
plooger has done it somehow - so there must be a way.... I just have not found it yet.
Hi there.

strange thing:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching>
    <regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
    <regexp>[\._ \[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
    <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
    <regexp>[\._ \-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

This code works on UBUNTU to scan TV-SHOWS in DVD Style folders:
Code:
/TV SHOW/TV SHOW S01.E01/VIDEO_TS.IFO
/TV SHOW/TV SHOW S01.E02/VIDEO_TS.IFO
/TV SHOW/TV SHOW S02.E01/VIDEO_TS.IFO
Same on a windows PC with xbmc leads to no results - just the show is recognized, but no seasons / episodes. What is the difference between LINUX and WINDOWS regex ?
If you use this structure:

TVShows/Series A/Series A Season 2 DVD 1
TVShows/Series A/Series A Season 2 DVD 2

You have to add the above mentioned regexp tto advancedconfig and create the following symbolic links in the Directory "Series A"

S02E01 -> Series A Season 2 DVD 1
S02E02 -> Series A Season 2 DVD 1
S02E03 -> Series A Season 2 DVD 1
S02E04 -> Series A Season 2 DVD 2

and so on. You are effectively telling xbmc which episode is on which disk.
cando Wrote:Why not? I mean - there is a single file that must be launched - the .ifo or alternatively the .vob and in this thread is described how to regex it. Unfortunately it assumes a deeper structure (season subfolder, episode folder, VIDEO_TS folder, Video files) what I do not have.
I am just curious how the srapper gets the variables for season and episode out of this regex.

I tried that folder structure and got nothing. I can get it to detect the name of the TV series, but the library comes up without any episode information.

Where did you read that that folder structure would work with the TV scraper?
Well it looks like this thread has hit a dead end. I will try and revive it and post the structure I have with the comment that I can change the naming convention but do not want to change the contents of the folder (i.e I do not want to re-rip if possible)

The NAS has a share (smb) that XBMC sees named "TVshows". Each disk of a TV show has multiple episodes on it (e.g. 1-4). This share appears under VIDEO main menu and has its content set to TV shows. I am using the default TV scraper (I just forget its name).

I have placed each disk's rip result in a folder and named that folder using the convention "Show_Name Season X Episodes 1-4". All these folders are in the root of the smb share "TVShows"; so an example of a full path would be

\\TVShows\Sopranos Season 1 Episodes1-4\

The contents of that directory contains the files:
VIDEO_TS.BUP
VVIDEO_TS.IFO
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.IFO
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_1.VOB

Other directories have similar contents

I have no issue changing the folder names to anything at all but I would like them to be viually user friendly That is I prefer what I have to
"Sopranos S01E01E02E03E04"

If I need to put something in the folder (an .nfo file?) I can do so easily I just need to know what it needs to contain.

If I need to put something in advanced settings to define regex expressions that are needed, I can do so. I just need to know what it looks like.

I think helping me with what is needed and a good explanation as to how it all fits together will help a lot of others and perhaps supply some valued documentation.

Advice and assistance would be greatly appreciated.
meanwhile as steelman would recommend, and if you're open to other solutions than raw dvd ripping in ISOs,

there's http://www.makemkv.com

creates out of the box mkv rips of your episodes without headaches (context menus guiding you through the process to choose which episode/language/subtitle etc...)

[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
Got this to work after several attempts.

- Added the section for the regular expressions as listed earlier in this thread to my advancedsettings.xml file. I put it both in the XBMC program directory 'userdata' folder as well as the users/me/appdata/roaming/xbmc folder as I'm not clear where XBMC is looking for it.

I have a DVD folder with the usual .ifo, .bup, and .vob files in it. It has the first 4 episodes of Season 1 of a TV show.

This is how it goes for me:

C:\TV\ShowName\Season 1\Showname.s01e01e02e03e04\(here's all the files)

The show is scraped, the episode information is picked up for the 4 episodes and XBMC tries to play the disk.

Now I just have the issue where XBMC can't play the disk because it's got a static initial menu, but that's another story.
I'm still having trouble getting this feature to work. If anyone is still monitoring this thread I would really appreciate some help. Here's my setup:

1) My XBMC install is brand new with no modifications - running on a Win7 box.
2) I didn't have the advancedsettings.xml so I created one with the recommended expressions and placed it in the path specified on the wiki (/users/<user>/appdata/roaming/xbmc).
3) Directory structure is as follows (using Survivor as an example):

TV Shows\Survivor\Season 7\Survivor - S07E01E02E03\<dvd files>

NOTE: I've also tried naming the DVD directory to Survivor.S07E010203 with no luck.

After adding the source and going into TV Shows it does show Survivor but when I choose it I get an empty listing.

My advancedsettings.xml for reference:

Code:
<tvshowmatching append="no">
    <regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
    <regexp>[\._ \[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
    <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
    <regexp>[\._ \-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
After trying everything possible to get this to work I have finally found the solution!!

Take a look at the "advancedsettings.xml" file closely ...

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching append="no">
  <regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
  <regexp>[\._ \[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
  <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
  <regexp>[\._ \-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

... it doesn't say to name the folders "s01e01e02..." it just says "0-9" not "00-09"!!!

So instead of labeling "s01e01e02...", you need to label them "s1e1e2..."

DO NOT PUT A "0" IN FRONT OF YOUR NUMBERS!!!

I have 11 episodes across 4 folders,
So here is my folder structure that got my TV Shows to work properly...

H:/TV Shows/SHOW_NAME/s1e1e2e3/VIDEO_TS/(video files)
H:/TV Shows/SHOW_NAME/s1e4e5e6/VIDEO_TS/(video files)
H:/TV Shows/SHOW_NAME/s1e7e8e9/VIDEO_TS/(video files)
H:/TV Shows/SHOW_NAME/s1e10e11/VIDEO_TS/(video files)

I hope this helps you all! Big Grin

Please let me know if you're still having problems.
bakdraft06 Wrote:DO NOT PUT A "0" IN FRONT OF YOUR NUMBERS!!!

That is interesting, I do all of my movies in the VIDEO_TS format, and I use the s01e01e02e03 etc. etc. for them all. I don't have any issues with using the "0" (zero not capital letter O, just to clearify) in them.

Info about using VIDEO_TS for Tv Shows can be found in a post I had done Here.
Hmmm ... well all I know is it was only recognizing the SHOW_NAME with no episodes before & then after I removed the 0's it worked perfectly!

Maybe it just works differently for some people, I don't know. lol
Maybe there is on some systems a problem with case-sensitve.
In advancedsettings.xml video_ts.ifo is written in lowletters but usally it is uppercase in the DVD-folder...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping multi-episode TV Show DVD ISO or VIDEO_TS harddrive backup - is it possible?1