RSS Feed scroll speed control
Maybe I'm just being stupid but I just read every word of RSS Feed Control in the wiki, as well as the linked page, Default Control Tags, that you allude to.

Nowhere does it mention WHERE to put this <control> block, let alone mention a Home.XML file specifically. Maybe this is obvious already somehow to people already deep into making skins, but in a thread (and wiki pages) that are about changing one specific parameter, it is not obvious at all.

With regards to non-trivial moving blocks around, not sure why that should matter. if people make limited changes in userdata by inserting custom XML blocks in parallel files, XBMC would read those userdata files and blocks at launch, and any unique blocks would over-ride those specified in skins or elsewhere. This is in effect what happens with Keymap.xml anyway, right? Or even .nfo files? Anyway just a thought -- sorry if it's actually infeasible.
i guess it depends on the skin - in aeon it's in includes_furnuture.xml and the includes are pointed at from home.xml.

i tried <scrollspeed>1000</scrollspeed>, still no change - any way to debug this?
Use PM3.HD for a start Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Through a little trial and error, in the Aeon Auriga w/ the Showmix 2.0 mod, at line 1977 in 720p/includes_furniture.xml

Code:
        <control type="rss" id="1">
                <posx>110</posx>
                <posy>34</posy>
                <width>1280</width>
                <visible>true</visible>
                <font>Font_RSS</font>
                <include>Colour_RSS</include>
                <urlset>1</urlset>
                <include>Animation_CommonFade</include>
                <scrollspeed>300</scrollspeed>
            </control>
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
And thanks to curtis-r and others, through a little trial and error I was able to speed up the RSS scroll on the homepage.

Aeon - in UBUNTU ~/.xbmc/skin/Aeon/720p/Includes_Furniture.xml
under
Code:
    <include name="Furniture_HomeRSS">
for me it was to insert after line 499
Code:
                <scrollspeed>120</scrollspeed>
so that it now reads:
Code:
            <control type="rss" id="1">
                <posx>110</posx>
                <posy>3</posy>
                <width>1170</width>
                <visible>true</visible>
                <font>Font_BigRSS</font>
                <include>Colour_RSS</include>
                <urlset>1</urlset>
                <include>Animation_CommonFade</include>
                <visible>Skin.HasSetting(bighome)</visible>
                <scrollspeed>120</scrollspeed>
            </control>
Worked after restarting XBMC
Thanks for the props.

Found that in Aeon skin with Showmix 2.5 mod, the code area starts at line 1692. I placed my code @ line 1701 and works fine.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
On my Win7 XBMC Aeon Nox install, I found that the relevant code could be found in the Includes_HomeWidgets.xml file

Mine now looks like this:

<control type="rss">
<description>RSS feed</description>
<posx>110</posx>
<posy>3</posy>
<width>1170</width>
<height>57</height>
<font>Font_Info</font>
<urlset>1</urlset>
<textcolor>a9000000</textcolor>
<headlinecolor>a9000000</headlinecolor>
<highlightcolor>a9000000</highlightcolor>
<titlecolor>dc2B60DE</titlecolor>
<visible>system.getbool(lookandfeel.enablerssfeeds)+!Control.HasFocus(8003)</visible>
<scrollspeed>200</scrollspeed>
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="400" condition="[Player.HasAudio+!Skin.HasSetting(homepageMusicinfo)+!IsEmpty(Control.GetLabel(815))]|[Player.HasVideo+!Skin.HasSetting(homepageVideoinfo)+!IsEmpty(VideoPlayer.Plot)]">Conditional</animation>
</control>

Works perfectly Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RSS Feed scroll speed control1