Library mode setting not stored
Hi,

I have enable Library mode in the settings menu and can switch to it in the videos view, but once I go back to the main menu and visit the videw screen again, it starts in the File mode again. It does not appear to remember which mode I was in when I left the video screen but rather always start in file mode.

Is this expected behaviour?

/R
richos Wrote:Hi,

I have enable Library mode in the settings menu and can switch to it in the videos view, but once I go back to the main menu and visit the videw screen again, it starts in the File mode again. It does not appear to remember which mode I was in when I left the video screen but rather always start in file mode.

Is this expected behaviour?

/R

there's an 'use file mode' in settings, so you should turn it off.
of course this will only work if you have a video library (ie scanned your videos to the library).

in v0.27 file mode was enabled by default, in v1.00 library mode is enabled by default.

edit: if you switch between file/library once you're in the video section of xbmc, that will indeed not be remembered.
this is expected behaviour ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks Ronie, I still had v0.27 (it is what the svn repo installer installs) and want to upgrade to v1.0 which looks fantastic. Thing is your link in the sticky gives me a internal server error. Anywhere else I could find it?

Cheers

/R
richos Wrote:Thanks Ronie, I still had v0.27 (it is what the svn repo installer installs) and want to upgrade to v1.0 which looks fantastic. Thing is your link in the sticky gives me a internal server error. Anywhere else I could find it?

Cheers

/R

lol, i'm in the process of uploading v1.01 to the site, so it should be available again in a few minutes.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Cool Cool! Will hang around then. You say it will not work with the stable xbmc release. How stable are the development builds? Any specific one you would recommend?

V1.0 looks awesome from the pics btw. Great job!!!
richos Wrote:Cool Cool! Will hang around then. You say it will not work with the stable xbmc release. How stable are the development builds? Any specific one you would recommend?

V1.0 looks awesome from the pics btw. Great job!!!

you can download it now. ;-)

i'm using linux and always compile xbmc myself, so i can't really comment on what else is available. i rarely have issues with the svn version of xbmc though.

if you google for 'xbmc nightly builds' you'll find the latest svn builds for every platform.
ronie Wrote:there's an 'use file mode' in settings, so you should turn it off.
of course this will only work if you have a video library (ie scanned your videos to the library).

in v0.27 file mode was enabled by default, in v1.00 library mode is enabled by default.

edit: if you switch between file/library once you're in the video section of xbmc, that will indeed not be remembered.
this is expected behaviour ;-)

Is this the same for v3.11.5 on 10.1 Dharma?
I have the same problem but i cant find "use file mode" to untick anywhere..
ImEx3mE Wrote:Is this the same for v3.11.5 on 10.1 Dharma?
I have the same problem but i cant find "use file mode" to untick anywhere..

i'm sure some things have changed in the past two years. ;-)
and the option you're referring to is no longer there.

use the 'Videos' home menu button for access in filemode.
use the 'Movies' / 'TV Shows' home menu buttons to access in librarymode.

the state of the 'Library Mode' button on the site menu is not remembered.
Thanks mate, ive also wondered about that behavior.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

ronie Wrote:i'm sure some things have changed in the past two years. ;-)
and the option you're referring to is no longer there.

use the 'Videos' home menu button for access in filemode.
use the 'Movies' / 'TV Shows' home menu buttons to access in librarymode.

the state of the 'Library Mode' button on the site menu is not remembered.

Thats too bad i wanted the Video menu in library mode aswell, or atleat some option to make it stick that way Tongue
ImEx3mE Wrote:Thats too bad i wanted the Video menu in library mode aswell, or atleat some option to make it stick that way Tongue

switch to the xbmc nightly builds, combined wit the the svn version of Transparency! and your troubles will be gone forever.

('filemode' has recently been removed from xbmc and files can now be accessed inside the libarary)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library mode setting not stored0