MKV file gives flickering subtitles
Hi, i'm having issues with the subtitles in some mkv files i've ripped. They appear but they'll flicker for a split second and then not return if they appear at all.

I ripped them using handbrake and the files work perfectly in VLC player..

What can i do to fix this? Should i use an external player (i've read up on this and it seems impossible at the moment) or can i somehow fix the subs to get working in xbmc? :confused2:

I'm on ubuntu 9.04 and latest version of XBMC. The files are streamed on a samba share from a server on arch linux.
i've decided to re rip these DVDs to have the subs burnt in. It's not solving the problem, it's a work around. I'm looking forward to hearing if either mplayer or VLC are able be used as external players in XBMC.
Elupus added some VDPAU related subtitle fixes to current SVN. Maybe you want to check again using a nightly build?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MKV file gives flickering subtitles0