This script is an improved version of the Home Theater plugin that is bundled with Apple Movie Trailers script.
Quote: - plays optional recursive trivia slide show w/music
- plays optional coming attractions intro video/playlist or 1-3 random videos
- plays # of optional random trailers
- plays optional feature presentation intro video/playlist or 1-3 random videos
- plays user queued video
- plays optional feature presentation outro video/playlist or 1-3 random videos
- "Apple Movie Trailers (database)" trailer scraper (requires the AMT script)
- "Apple Movie Trailers (current)" trailer scraper (default: same source as the AMT Lite plugin)
- "Local folder" trailer recursive scraper (local network also eg smb://, trailers must be named with "-trailer in the name)
- *improved slide show with optional support for a slides.xml
- maybe more
Change settings, by going to the scripts window, right clicking on the script and selecting Script Settings.
* Be sure to separate out your slides of different group types (e.g., question and answer, or question, clue and answer) or naming conventions (e.g., Q1a.jpg and Q1b.jpg VS. Q1q.jpg and Q1a.jpg) into separate subfolders and add a slides.xml to each of these subfolders. The slides.xml format is as shown below (all format fields are required; use something not in your filenames for formats not required eg ( "N/A" ); without a slides.xml, each image file is added as a question; slides.xml uses regex):
<question format="[0-9]+q.png" />
<clue format="[0-9]+c.png" />
<answer format="[0-9]+a.png" />
<question format="q[0-9]+a.jpg" />
<clue format="n/a" />
<answer format="q[0-9]+b.jpg" />
if you use the optional end of trivia slide show image w/music. that image will display for the length of the music.
for this to work well ther is a feature request http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6929 let the developers know you're interested.
but there is a way to run this just with skinning, by adding a button to the video info dialog (this works ok). Just add a button with these <onclicks>
The script queues the hilighted video
<onclick>RunScript(special://home/scripts/Home Theater Experience/default.py)</onclick>
This works better if used with the library.
benefits over the HT plugin.
1. improved some functions
2. no need for a special plugin to list your movies
3. local and amt current trailer scrapers
you can get this with the svn repo installer under scripts.
thanks juanflaco for the following chart. along with mccorkled's mega pack.
1. 5 minute option to trivia. (Done)
2. check m3u playlist support (may be xbmc issue with queuing a playlist)
3. run script before videos start (homeseer)
4. random trivia, mix in single slides (you MUST still keep your different slide types in separate folders) i have an idea and if it works it shouldn't be difficult. (Done)
5. mark trivia slides watched, like trailers and add a clear watched trivia setting (Done)
mccorkled- I request the plugin to play things in this order
1. trivia (images)
2. old school drive in adds (video clips) 1 to 5 random clips
3. coming attractions (video clip/image)
4. random trailers (apple plugin)
5. feature presentation intro (video clip/image)
7. Intermission video or more trivia (optional if you want to watch 2 features)
8. movie (optional if you want to watch 2 features)
9. outro (video/image)
I plan on building a media server sometime in the future and it would be great if the script can pull movies and stuff off of a server instead of only a local drive. Maybe it already can, IDK. Im just speculating.
IsleOfMan- Requests this order.
1.) 5-10min Trivia
2a.) "Coming Attractions" intro
2b.) 2-3 Random Apple trailers
3.) Random lobby/snack video
4.) Random Cartoon Short
5.) Random "Popular Science" Newsreel
6.) "Feature Presentation" intro
7.) Selected Movie
"it would be very cool if this script could play videos from either a "DTS" or "Dolby" folder based on the type of audio in the movie."
mccorkled says: "This would be a cool thing to have. I saw thing Dolby video where the logo was busting through a wall. There is a cd over on the AVS forum much like the coke slides. This CD is full of sound clips and sentences recorded by a guy with a deep voice like the movie announcer guy. One of the voice overs says..."DAMN that was loud!" I think that would be cool to play along side the Dolby or DTS video.