Powered by XBMC - BIOS Splash
Yes, it is an AMI BIOS. OEMTOOLS is an AMI tool, but for some reason it didn't work correctly, although it did at least go in change the logo. It's just that once it was changed, the BIOS verification no longer was able to validate the updated BIOS.

Any assistance will be appreciated, not only by me, but also other members.
majorheadache Wrote:Yes, it is an AMI BIOS. OEMTOOLS is an AMI tool, but for some reason it didn't work correctly, although it did at least go in change the logo. It's just that once it was changed, the BIOS verification no longer was able to validate the updated BIOS.

Any assistance will be appreciated, not only by me, but also other members.

Can you try and download the DOS flasher utility from the Asus website and use that? It may have a command-line argument that forces it to ignore the checksum and proceed with the update anyway...

I just realized that you said earlier up the page that you were using an AMI BIOS and the built-in Flash utility. Sorry...
Well, I believe the only flash utils on the Asus site have to do with the actual flashing, which is done already -- not modifying the logo(s).

As for ignoring the checksum, I have to admit, that scares me a little. Eek
Laugh
That's the reason why I choose the size smaller for my original logo. To avoid overlaping with this asus/nvidia logo.

Would be great to find a way to eleminate this.

(also, I am looking for a way to somehow hack the bios not the make the case led blinking while it's suspending... Haven't find a trick for this either yet)
majorheadache Wrote:Well, I believe the only flash utils on the Asus site have to do with the actual flashing, which is done already -- not modifying the logo(s).

As for ignoring the checksum, I have to admit, that scares me a little. Eek

It is scary to ignore the checksum, but you should still be able to recover if it hoses your BIOS. You're in luck!

http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?modelm...3=812&l4=0
Quote:*ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
Simply restore corrupted BIOS data from USB flash disk
The ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3 allows users to restore corrupted BIOS data from a USB flash disk containing the BIOS file. This utility saves users the cost and hassle of buying a replacement BIOS chip.
Just managed to kill my Zotac 9300 itx-wifi

I tried to add a custom logo to the bios, now it wont boot. Sad

I followed the instructions, the only thing that I can think that went wrong was running TIFF2AWBM from a Win7 (x64) box.

It seems there is no recovery for the bios, now I guess I will have to deal with the supplier/zotac.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help