XBMC LINUX library crash
i have 6tb of content and am normaly using XBMC LINUX. only with mymovies XML files my systems crash when i use the library ( SMB from my WHS ) . yesterday i installed XBMC ( Windows ) on my laptop, and it doesn't crash when using SMB to WHS. so it must be a linux isue.. right??!!

i have tryed the live version on both my LINUX HTPC's. and they all crash with the mymovies XML files i have posted. ( with SMB to WHS )

i have updated to the latest SVN and they still crash ( with SMB to WHS )

i copy the files to a usb stick and add it to the library, and the systems keep working and adds the files to the library..

so this must be a XBMC LINUX, SMB, MYMOVIES XML orientated crash..
I too use Linux on ASRock ION 330... No crashes for me.

What distro are you using? What XBMC version? Can you provide a log where the crash can be seen? Can you find the tag in XML causing the crash?

I have no idea how something inside an XML file can cause XBMC to crash if the XML is read over SMB. Makes no sense to me
ultrabrutal Wrote:I too use Linux on ASRock ION 330... No crashes for me.

What distro are you using? What XBMC version? Can you provide a log where the crash can be seen? Can you find the tag in XML causing the crash?

I have no idea how something inside an XML file can cause XBMC to crash if the XML is read over SMB. Makes no sense to me

Zotac ION330
2GB RAM
WD160 scorpio black
XBMC pre-910 r21923

WHS
MYMOVIES.DK version 1.50 build 7

LOG:

http://pastebin.com/m6709b87

LOG OLD:

http://pastebin.com/m29da206f

once again.. these are the logs when the system crashes and 'X' is shown in the center of the screen. i have to reboot to get to xbmc again, but when the XML files are still on my WHS share. the system crashes again.
i just did some more tests, and it is definitely a problem when using SMB.
all the files that let XBMC crash from my WHS, work just fine when copied to the internal HDD of the HTPC.

i just can't imagine that no one els is having this crash??!!
If it crashes, please get a backtrace from gdb.

The stickies should have information on how to do this if you do not know how.

Thanks.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I'm able to reproduce using XBMC for Linux running on Ubuntu 9.04 (64bit) if the mymovies.xml is served via smb. For some reason all works well if its on a local hdd. Very weird ..
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
its good to hear its not just me!!

i am trying to do the backtrace, but i think it's above my league ..

i will post it when i get it ..

Thanks!!
crash happens during parsing the persons element, still not sure why it crashes though ..
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
i hope this can be fixed in the next svn..

MYMOVIES is a great program for managing your movie collection.
i can't seem to get the backtrace. i found a tutorial, but it is still above my linux know how.
No need to worry about the backtrace as the error is (kindof) located. no eta though ..
okay.. can you post if there is any progress then.

Thanks!!
vdrfan, I'm interested in the cause of this problem...
ultrabrutal Wrote:vdrfan, I'm interested in the cause of this problem...

For some reason the root node (Persons) is empty if the file is on smb://. By wrapping the person parsing stuff into a if (node) check avoids the crash. Need to look at it again (hopefully later today).
The crash is fixed in r21975, and the root problem fixed in r21974.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC LINUX library crash0