Remote and XBMC Live
Yeah did all that - no log file present?
have you gone into settings and enabled debug level logs?
asantosjr Wrote:I wanna map one key of my remote but I don't know how.
Every time I hit this key in the remote I receive this log messages:

Code:
23:49:16 T:3050477456 M:1382264832   DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 64, sym: 308, unicode: 0, modifier: 0
23:49:16 T:3050477456 M:1382264832   DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 23, sym: 9, unicode: 9, modifier: 100
23:49:16 T:3050477456 M:1382264832   DEBUG: OnKey: 61449 pressed, action is 18

I bought this remote control:

Can Anyone help me?

Tks!

I've got the same remote, it's pretending to be a keyboard and mouse rather than a remote. It looks to me like whatever button you're pressing is sending a series of key presses (I'm far from an expert in this though)/Oo
Main query - how to program a remote (which simulates a keyboard and mouse) for XBMC Live.

This is all a little annoying - there must be someone who has aleady tried to program this remote - which simulates a mouse and keyboard.

There seems to be the constant push from the forum that everyone should have a go with XBMC Live however inexperienced they are. Finding support for it though is actually really difficult as the majority of those that use it with confidence understand Linux and how to program. While I am happy to have a go - I need basic instructions, due to my total inexperience, to enable me to solve problems.

The help section on XBMC live needs to be developed so that when someone finds a solution it can easily be shared with someone else. A lot of people are using the software now so it really makes sense that jargon free advice is give to newbie XBOX users....

Any help on this post would be really helpful - nothing has worked so far as this isn't the usual remote. I'm happy to re-post a complete guide on how to program this remote once we have solved it. There are currently about 5 users looking for help with this remote via this post alone.

Thanks for the help so far - please lets find a solution.
Any experts who have an idea on how to solve this problem would be really appreciated.
asantosjr Wrote:I wanna map one key of my remote but I don't know how.
Every time I hit this key in the remote I receive this log messages:

Code:
23:49:16 T:3050477456 M:1382264832   DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 64, sym: 308, unicode: 0, modifier: 0
23:49:16 T:3050477456 M:1382264832   DEBUG: SDLKeyboard: scancode: 23, sym: 9, unicode: 9, modifier: 100
23:49:16 T:3050477456 M:1382264832   DEBUG: OnKey: 61449 pressed, action is 18

!

Try to add this command in the global keyboard section of your keymap.xml (or keyboard.xml depending on version):

<key id="61449">Select</key>

Then press the button and see if it works as an "select" command. If yes you can try insert another action.

I have just done this to remap a key on my keyboard, and it seems that your remote is identified as a keyboard.

mvh
Kristoffer
Rob Xbox User Wrote:Any experts who have an idea on how to solve this problem would be really appreciated.

We still need to see the log when you press a key on your remote.

No xbmc.log in /home/xbmc/.xbmc/temp/ ?

"Enable Debug logging" under the hardware setting in XBMC is enabled ?

mvh
Kristoffer
I am just guessing, but using a IR receiver / remote that is recognized as mouse&keyboard with a harmony might give you some problem.

I suppose that linux is actually recognizing the reciever (not the remote it self) as mouse&keyboard while the harmany wants a receiver that is handled as a remote. (at least if you set to act as a MCE remote)

You should probably divide you problem in parts.

1) How to get a HID remote to work with XBMC?
There is a thread about the cyberlink remote whish is a HID as well as the fractal.
I also know that it is possible to get LIRC to work with HID. Maybe you need to install LIRC and config it? I am not sure, but It might be worth investigating.

2) Is it possible to get the Harmony to work with a receivever from a HID remote?
I have no idea.
Otherwise get a different receiver. This is a problem for the moment where I am from, but I can recommend the phillips since the MS MCE is impossible to get.

Quote:The help section on XBMC live needs to be developed so that when someone finds a solution it can easily be shared with someone else. A lot of people are using the software now so it really makes sense that jargon free advice is give to newbie XBOX users....
I totally agree. I see the same questions being asked over and over again.
I think we need an open or semi open wiki where the howtos can be stored in a more structured way.

Quote:There seems to be the constant push from the forum that everyone should have a go with XBMC Live however inexperienced they are
Yes, and I think if you do not intend to use the live as is you are better of installing a full Ubtuntu and learn some Linux. Especially now when the SVN seem to be pushed and the drivers needs to be upgraded if you are one of all the ION users.
Time for a new stable release?
Smile 
I think I've made a little progress with our cheap remote. This in not complete so read through first before making any changes as it will leave the remote no longer recognised as a keyboard, but ready for setup in lirc. (although I belive a reboot undoes any changes the way things currently stand).

When using a clean (and in my case minimal) Unbuntu installation, the usbhid driver takes control of this device at boot time, before lirc gets a look-in.

I disovered this by:

cat /proc/bus/input/devices

Code:
I: Bus=0003 [b]Vendor=06b4 Product=1c70 [/b]Version=0110
N: Name="HID 06b4:1c70"
P: Phys=usb0000:00:1d.0-2/input0
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.0/usb2/2-2/2-2:1.0/input/input10
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=kbd mouse2 event9
B: EV=10001f
B: KEY=837fff 2c3027 bf004444 0 fffff ffffffff 10c04 a27c007 ffa67bfa d941dfff febeffdf ffefffff ffffffff fffffffe
B: REL=343
B: ABS=1 30000
B: MSC=10

This gives me the vendor id and product code of the remote, to find what driver is managing the device I typed the following:

sudo mount t usbfs none /proc/bus/usb
cat /proc/bus/usb/devices

and then searched though the results until I found

Code:
T: Bus=02 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=01 Cnt=01 Dev#= 3 Spd=1.5 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 1.10 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
P: [b]Vendor=06b4 ProdID=1c70 [/b]Rev= 2.00
C:* #Ifs= 1 Cfg#= 1 Atr=60 MxPwr=100mA
I:* If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 2 Cls=03(HID ) Sub=01 Prot=02 [b]Driver=usbhid[/b]
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 8 Ivl=10ms
E: Ad=01(O) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 8 Ivl=10ms

According to what I found on the net, I should be able to stop usbhid from taking control of this device by creating a file called /etc/modprobe.d/usbhid (i just typed sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/usbhid in a terminal window) with an entry of:
options usbhid quirks=0x06b4:0x1c70:0x0004

and then typing:

sudo depmod -ae
sudo updateinitramfs -u

This should have freed up the device after a reboot, but it didn't on my HP pavillion. I also tried to create a file called usbhid.conf with the same 'quirks' command, but this didn't work either.

I then googled and found this command that I adapted to release the usbhid driver from the remote:

sudo rmmod usbhid && modprobe usbhid quirks=0x06b4:0x1c70:0x0004

(it apparently can be undone with rmmod usbhid && modprobe usbhid).

So I now have the remote free to be used by lirc (although it still doesn't free it at boot time - I think)

That's about as far as I can go, can anyone help with this next step? Huh

Thanks

D

(I'll update the post with the kernel details etc when I'm home and connected to my box)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote and XBMC Live0