Subtitles delay positioning (fix needed IMHO)
Hi! First of all thanks to the author of this amazing skin. Thanks for his work and for his decision to distribute it as an "all inclusive skin", which allowed me finally to experience the weather stuff. Really appreciated.

I also discovered, to my surprise, that the skinning engine now supports (and Transparency uses it) the display of info related to subtitles delay when one changes it, in realtime while the movie keeps playing. Great!

I also discovered, though, that the skin choses to display this info in the least useful position possible: bottom right, just overimposed on the subtitles themselves. This has two serious problems:

1) While you adjust you lose sight of subtitles.

2) Due to #1 it's tougher to adjust correctly.

I hope this can be solved (I suggest top right corner if that doesn't conflict with anything else). Again, thanks a lot! Nod
ashlar Wrote:I also discovered, though, that the skin choses to display this info in the least useful position possible: bottom right, just overimposed on the subtitles themselves.

it's supposed to display at the bottom-center. are you sure it's at the bottom right for you? tried on both windows and linux and they all display it on the bottom center.

ashlar Wrote:I hope this can be solved (I suggest top right corner if that doesn't conflict with anything else).

good thinking! it's indeed not very logic to display the subtitle adjustment bar on top of the subtitles.
guess i'll move it to the center of the screen if that's ok with you. the top right is already taken by the seekbar and the volume display.

cheers for the suggestion ashlar!
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Sorry, meant to say bottom center.

If top right is already taken, what about top left? If that would be "free" it would, in my opinion, be a better choice than the center of the screen where, in most cases, characters would be talking and be the "main subject" on screen.

And thanks a lot for this.
ashlar Wrote:Sorry, meant to say bottom center.

If top right is already taken, what about top left? If that would be "free" it would, in my opinion, be a better choice than the center of the screen where, in most cases, characters would be talking and be the "main subject" on screen.

And thanks a lot for this.

top left it'll be. ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Wow, talk about quick support. Big Grin

Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles delay positioning (fix needed IMHO)0