Aeon assistance please
Hey I am new to this forum and the whole xbmc scene so would like some assistance with some problems that I have been experiencing

I have installed xbmc version 9.04.1 and added the Aeon 0.9 Stark skin and fonts to the skins directory (I am running windows Vista 64bit) I would like to add a folder with the video, poster, thumbs and nfo file like I have seen people describe on this forum but I am confused how I set this all up. I do not see the Tweaks Mods Settings category in the following link

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/3739/...cation.jpg

now I do not want to mod the application I just merely want to use it as a user interface. Could anyone help me out?

Also what is GITHUB? and what is it used for? I see a lot of people refer to it on here.

And svn, what is that? Do I need to use it for Aeon to function properly?

I understand I am a complete newbie and probably asking some pretty dumb questions it would seem. I guess everyone has to start out somewhere

Huh
Hey Movie Zone...

Don't be embarrassed by asking questions (you're right, everyone has to start somewhere).

Some of your questions are easily answered by spending time looking through the various forums which describer the correct folder structure and naming conventions. Just take your time and start with these first...after you have your files setup the right way, things will start to make a lot more sense. Here is a link to a good resource for this:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Media_Sources

As to your other questions, GITHUB and SVN are both systems that the developers use to post new versions of the skin in source and object form. If you are a savvy developer type you can use SVN to "get" the latest version of XBMC and compile it yourself, which gives you the freedom to stay cutting edge and up to date.

Hope this helps you!
Also, looks like the pic you have is from a MOD. I don't think tweaks is an option in Stark. Even though you don't want to MOD Aeon, I would suggest looking at either Hitchers or AndyBlac's MOD. They have collected alot of the other little MODs and made it so you can pull them off github and just place them in your skins folder and everythings ready to go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon assistance please0