• 13(current)
Multiple videos in a Matroska MKV container with Ordered Chapters / Segment Linking?
I guess I should have checked that.
(2016-10-11, 01:39)mojo-hakase Wrote: The only problem is i don't know how the user interface can be implemented.
@mojo-hakase, have you read this other discussion about timeshift buffer indicator which faces a somewhat similar dilema as yours. Perhaps discuss with FernetMenta if the code he wrote for timeshift buffer indicator could be reused for your purpose as well?:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=226287

Another possible re-use use for the same code could be with "DVD games" and "Blu-ray Disc Players Games" which is a type of interactive movie:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interactiv...#DVD_games

DVD games and BDPG (Blu-ray Disc Players Games) are not that common but they use the same principle of ordered chapters.
Nice work guys! I think a lot of people would be very happy to see this!

The one thing I would like to see is the ability to put some of the segments into the Extras directory to help keep a clean structure, as it's pretty common these external segments are just openings/endings and rarely anything else. I mention the Extras directory specifically as it'd be difficult to store segment IDs, but scanning a specific pre-existing place seems reasonable. Smile
I wish OP / ED files for anime worked. Personally I wish the files weren't split that way in the first place but some of them are and that's that.

If I'm reading someone elses post correctly though, if it's part of the 'standard' protocol for MKV then I do think it should be included in Kodi, regardless if it's mainly used just for Anime, standards are standards.
Still, understandable it's not a high priority.
(2016-10-12, 11:05)AbRASiON Wrote: if it's part of the 'standard' protocol for MKV then I do think it should be included in Kodi, regardless if it's mainly used just for Anime, standards are standards.

Editions, Ordered Editions and Segment Linking are definitely part of the container specifications.

https://matroska.org/technical/specs/cha...index.html

https://matroska.org/technical/specs/notes.html (look at the segment linking section)

@mojo-hakase : Thanks for your work, it looks promising !! While reading the specs, I just remembered there's 3 segment linking ways : hard and soft and medium... But I'm pretty certain you didn't forgot it Wink

All the best.

Smeulf.
(2016-10-11, 16:07)garretn Wrote: The one thing I would like to see is the ability to put some of the segments into the Extras directory to help keep a clean structure, as it's pretty common these external segments are just openings/endings and rarely anything else. I mention the Extras directory specifically as it'd be difficult to store segment IDs, but scanning a specific pre-existing place seems reasonable. Smile

Although I can't find anything in the specs against having the segments in many folders, I think that would not be a good idea to implement. The usual way is to store all segment in the same folder, then the splitter looks at all the files in the folder to seek the uids.

And if a special folder is added, then there's always a chance someone wants it to be named differently, or another extra folder, or 2 or 10...

And then that could be hard to understand and to debug IMO...

Just my own point of view of course Smile

Cheers.

[Edit] May I also add that it would break compatibility with any other splitter that need the segments to be in the same folder ? [/Edit]
(2016-10-11, 01:39)mojo-hakase Wrote: Hello everyone.

As i use Kodi to watch Animes and also have some files that use ordered chapters, i'm looking forward to this feature being supported by Kodi.
So i've worked the last days implementing this feature and, so far, got a working version:
https://github.com/mojo-hakase/xbmc/tree...edChapters

This is very cool, thanks a million times for your work!

I tested your squashed version (Nov. 4 commit), works quite well!

The only issue I could see so far is that after switching from one segment to the next (eg. OP -> Ep, or Ep -> ED), subtitles are lost for ~30 seconds (or until you turn subs off and then on again). This doesn't happen with all files, but let's say with about half of these I tested (all of them 5 or more years old - don't have any newer test subjects).

Other than that - pretty fllawless!
(2016-11-11, 16:04)Shine Wrote:
(2016-10-11, 01:39)mojo-hakase Wrote: Hello everyone.

As i use Kodi to watch Animes and also have some files that use ordered chapters, i'm looking forward to this feature being supported by Kodi.
So i've worked the last days implementing this feature and, so far, got a working version:
https://github.com/mojo-hakase/xbmc/tree...edChapters

This is very cool, thanks a million times for your work!

I tested your squashed version (Nov. 4 commit), works quite well!

The only issue I could see so far is that after switching from one segment to the next (eg. OP -> Ep, or Ep -> ED), subtitles are lost for ~30 seconds (or until you turn subs off and then on again). This doesn't happen with all files, but let's say with about half of these I tested (all of them 5 or more years old - don't have any newer test subjects).

Other than that - pretty fllawless!

I've actually noticed the subtitle issue with the regular Kodi builds too, when switching audio streams. Seeking back (at all) seems to fix it there. Been meaning to look a little closer at it and file an issue about it.
so was this feature ever implemented? would be nice to be the only media software out there that does fully support Ordered Chapters / Segment Linking
It hasn't been until now. And Kodi would not be the first to support this... MPC-HC would be just one example. Except if you mean Media Centers as in 10-foot media centers, don't know about those.
I'm sure he meant home theater software, like Kodi, Plex, Emby, etc. Theres plenty of desktop players that do it.

I've got a rebased build of @mojo-hakase's patches on 17.3 that seem to still work with minor adjustments. Honestly the use of segment linking has died down significantly recently, which is nice since it's a ridiculous feature to begin with.
(2017-06-27, 20:15)garretn Wrote: I've got a rebased build of @mojo-hakase's patches on 17.3 that seem to still work with minor adjustments. Honestly the use of segment linking has died down significantly recently, which is nice since it's a ridiculous feature to begin with.

Last time I tried to compile it against 17.x, it didn't work, but I didn't look any closer due to lack of time.
Do you have a patch that works against 17.3, or a git repo?
Thanks.
Sure, it's a very minor change:

https://github.com/gnoling/xbmc/commit/9...f02099ec18

Here is the original PR btw, 10678 (PR). I hope they don't stick too hard to "do it in ffmpeg", as ffmpeg has said repeatedly over the years that they won't do it.
(2017-06-27, 20:15)garretn Wrote: I've got a rebased build of @mojo-hakase's patches on 17.3 that seem to still work with minor adjustments. Honestly the use of segment linking has died down significantly recently, which is nice since it's a ridiculous feature to begin with.

It seems that a lot of anime these days are also starting to use unique minor variations for each OP and ED, so it's impossible to use the same OP or ED for each episode without killing the uniqueness.
(2017-06-30, 15:42)garretn Wrote: Sure, it's a very minor change:

https://github.com/gnoling/xbmc/commit/9...f02099ec18

Here is the original PR btw, 10678 (PR). I hope they don't stick too hard to "do it in ffmpeg", as ffmpeg has said repeatedly over the years that they won't do it.

Thanks, I'll try to compile it again one of these days.

As for the original PR, I lost all and every hope the moment I read the comment that it should be implemented in ffmpeg, not Kodi. Because, as you said, ffmpeg have stated repeatedly that they see it as a player feature, not a decoder feature and therefore won't implement it, ever. Seeing the PR getting no update in more than half a year proves me right I guess Sad
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple videos in a Matroska MKV container with Ordered Chapters / Segment Linking?4