Sound Problems
I play video files from a pc, through a receiver, to my television. The interface, in all cases is hdmi. The receiver is putting out PLII C (Denon 788). I have a 5.1 speaker system. The problem is that I occasionally come across a video in which the voice audio is almost non-existant. I have been doing a lot of readying on this one. There are a lot of somewhat complicated fixes for this. I have found, however, that if I tell XBMC to downconvert audio to stereo, the problem goes away (I also choose to send stereo to all speakers and it does exactly that). I have also noticed that sometimes I have analog audio and, sometimes, digital (another mystery although XBMC let me know I have a problem so its easily fixed).

I guess I should also mention that the Zoom player does not have this problem.

Thoughts?
yeah I have the same problem. I just keep it on analog now because every time i have any of the digital options selected and I run a movie it says that it couldn't initialize audio. Im not running HDMI but I have my audio run out of my computer into a 5.1 surround system as well
The one that really confuses is the downconversion of multiple outputs to stereo before I can actually hear people speaking. My thought was that, eventually, XMBC will be able to do this kind of stuff automatically, including moving from digital to analog and back. The program knows there is a problem and I would think it would be a minor fix to check one or the other before it says there is a problem?

Thanks for the reply!
Exactly what do you mean that "the program knows that there is a problem"? Also what is the audio format of the file in question? Better yet, post a debug log of you playing this thing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound Problems0