HIGH CPU usage
I have read thru several threads and cannot get my cpu usage to drop down. I am getting above 80% and sometimes to 100% on idle when on the home menu. Any suggestions please as the noise is driving me crazy and then xbmc just freezes at times as well.

Here is my info

current xbmc build 21930

intel pentium 4 CPU 2.80GHz
2.79 GHz, 512 MB of RAM
intel 865G graphics controller

display settings is 32 bit, 1024 x 768, refresh rate 75 hertz

I dont see anywhere on the graphics card settings regarding thread optimization to turn on or off as I have seen this in threads to lower the CPU usage.

I also have set the setting on the vsync to enable while video playback and still nothing.

I see these are the two things that are most mentioned in the threads. anything else?

do I need to post a debug log?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
That high cpu use when idle (in home screen) is already discussed in some topic here.

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php...100%25+cpu

As far as i can remember it is about the fact that the home screen is rendered every x time (opengl)

Personally i reduced this to a low cpu load when idle by using the screensaver of xbmc and set it to black, so there is nothing to render anymore.

About your freezes, no idea for that you have to provide more information.
SystemLord Wrote:That high cpu use when idle (in home screen) is already discussed in some topic here.

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php...100%25+cpu

As far as i can remember it is about the fact that the home screen is rendered every x time (opengl)

Personally i reduced this to a low cpu load when idle by using the screensaver of xbmc and set it to black, so there is nothing to render anymore.

About your freezes, no idea for that you have to provide more information.

That may be true in part but that doesn't mean its normal and should stay at that level, this is a known issue and if you read the link you posted nearly all of them managed to lower theirs using the methods the OP has tried

If it was because the rendering was CPU intensive then it would be the same for everyone, first post in that thread he only has 1% usage on all other PC's he tried
Turn Vsync off ..
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HIGH CPU usage0