screen shrinks to 1/6th size and black x appears in middle
I tried searching for screen shrink and black x, couldn't find anything related, so hope this hasn't been solved before.

Every once in a while, when I'm in the menus or interface., the window will shrink to about 1/5th or so of my screen, and a black x appears in the middle of the screen. The system basically locks up, and the only way to get it back is to power off and on the machine.

Any ideas what causes this?
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
Please post full debug logs and complete description on how to reproduce the problem.
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
Black x in the middle of the screen sounds like X crashing or its hw curser being activiated for some reason.

Either way would need copy of your xbmc and Xorg log files when it happened to see whats up.
See the sticky on posting problems in a useful manner, need WAY more info and detail.
are you using a keyboard? sounds like you're hitting backslash -- that takes you out of full screen.

mouse over the window, click on it, and hit backslash again.

noumenon
For the cursor staying onscreen see:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=348252&postcount=2

As for the small screen maybe you are running windowed? What does the the "\" key?
Do you have VDPAU and Adjust Refresh Rate enabled simultaneously? If so, you may want to update XBMC to a newer version.
rossgemuend Wrote:Do you have VDPAU and Adjust Refresh Rate enabled simultaneously? If so, you may want to update XBMC to a newer version.

Yes i did....I was also hitting backslash by accident...problem is, I use my Ipod touch with XBMC remote to control my XBMC HTPC, so mouse is kinda out :-p

I'll try updating to a newer version, although the one i have now is 21936, build about 2-3 days ago. (i'ts one of the Pre9.10 versions.)

Sorry about not replying sooner, was out of town for work.
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
screen shrinks to 1/6th size and black x appears in middle0