Harmony 555 + Fractal Design Shape IR Receiver = No go? Need help.
Hi,

I have an Asrock Ion 330 with XBMC Live installed. I've not made any major re-configurations.

I'm using the Harmony 555 universal Remote and i have a IR Receiver that came from the Fractal Design Shape remote control (USB). I've read the forums and i've been told that i should enable "DEBUG" and check the log to see which buttons are representing what numbers etc. I've also seen that using the Logitech MCE Setting for the Harmony 555 should enable the remote without making any changes to xbmc keymapping.

None of this works. I'm thinking my IR Receiever isn't working with XBMC, so my question is: Can this be the case? Are there USB IR Receivers not working with XBMC? I mean they are all the same, all they do is recieve commands, why would another ir receiver be any different?

So if it's not any different, what the hell am i doing wrong? I'm getting zero respons out of XBMC pressing all buttons like crazy and checking the log. The Reciever does have a "signal lamp" which shows it's receiving signals to.

When i insert the reciever into the computers usb while xbmc is running i see this in the debug, i don't know if its good or bad
Code:
19:05:01 T:3048683408 M:1455906816   DEBUG: HAL: Device (/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_4b4_100_noserial) Added
19:05:01 T:3048683408 M:1455906816   DEBUG: HAL: Device (/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_4b4_100_noserial_if0) Added
19:05:01 T:3048683408 M:1455906816   DEBUG: HAL: Device (/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_4b4_100_noserial_if0_logicaldev_input) Added

Do i need event server for something? Please help!
Have you installed and set it up in Lirc?
I got it to work, however the remote receiver seems very bad, It misses atleast 3-4 keystrokes out of 10, i'm going to test with a HFX Vista GP (RC6 MCE) remote instead.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony 555 + Fractal Design Shape IR Receiver = No go? Need help.0