Slow scrolling....
Ok so I used Emerald Media Manager to generate all the posters,fanart and NFO's for all my movies. Now when I do the Fanart option its pretty slow when switching between movies. I'm using Media Streamer at the moment. It's better when it's just the posters instead of the fanart as the background but still seems like it could be a bit better. Is there a way to speed this up?
Dougie085 Wrote:Ok so I used Emerald Media Manager to generate all the posters,fanart and NFO's for all my movies. Now when I do the Fanart option its pretty slow when switching between movies. I'm using Media Streamer at the moment. It's better when it's just the posters instead of the fanart as the background but still seems like it could be a bit better. Is there a way to speed this up?

I noticed a big imporvement in speed whilst swtiching betwen options in the main menu of Aeon when I converted all the backdrops from jpeg to bitmap, reasing being bitmap is uncompressed. I'd hate to have to do that for all my fanart though.
Hmmm...... wonder if there is an option in my media manager app. I'll look for it.
Is the autothumb generator and/or flagger running? They tend to block the UI for sad amounts of time.
I think its off. I do notice though that instead of using the fanart that I have downloaded it's using its own. Is there any way I can force it to use the .bmp's I have? The only thing that was activated on the library settings was Automatically grab season thumbs but I turned that off. Now the only thing is Enable Library, and Update library on startup. Oh and stack duplicate TV shows.
Ok it seems to be using my own files, but it seems if I go in and tell it which file to use it goes a good bit quicker rather then it searching the folder for the appropriate file. It would take forever to go in and do this for every movie though.
Well I switched to Aeon from Media Stream and it's much smoother in Aeon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow scrolling....0