Trailers on Xbox
Sorry if Im creating new threads opposed to keeping the 1.03 going and going because it only makes sense to me to start a new one since that thread is just continuing on.

I have the newest SVN build as of yesterday on my Xbox with 1.03 and when I click on the trailer button it doesn't seem to launch the trailer. Of course I'm not running the minimized version of the skin unless thats the problem. This is my current file structure. I can play the skin if I use the view movie information button, but not from the Fanart view screen.

Beerfest/
Beefest-trailer.mov
Beerfest.avi

I even made sure to remove Beerfest and rescanned it to make sure it would load. It as well shows up as the newest movie.
kizer Wrote:Sorry if Im creating new threads opposed to keeping the 1.03 going and going because it only makes sense to me to start a new one since that thread is just continuing on.

it's far more easier to keep track of everyone's problems if they created separate threads, so i'm glad you did. :-)

kizer Wrote:I have the newest SVN build as of yesterday on my Xbox with 1.03 and when I click on the trailer button it doesn't seem to launch the trailer. Of course I'm not running the minimized version of the skin unless thats the problem. This is my current file structure. I can play the skin if I use the view movie information button, but not from the Fanart view screen.

looks like an issue with the xbmc for xbox build...
could you post a Debug Log ?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Yeah I'll look into how to create one later today and send you one. I don't debug often so its kinda a figure out when I need to do it thing.

One other person reported they got it to work in the Transparency thread so it could be isolated to me, but who knows.
kizer Wrote:Yeah I'll look into how to create one later today and send you one. I don't debug often so its kinda a figure out when I need to do it thing.

One other person reported they got it to work in the Transparency thread so it could be isolated to me, but who knows.

settings > system > enable Debug Log
restart xbmc...that's it.

next navigate to movies and click to trailer icon. that would be enough info for me.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
i have all my trailers in the individual movie folders. ie:

movies/Beerfest/
movies/Beerfest/Beerfest.avi
movies/Beerfest/Beerfest-trailer.avi
Contribute to TheTVDB.com - The Online TV Database
Yeah I'm the same way, but its odd that your trailers play and mine do not. Of course I only one that I've been trying to test, but I guess the debug log will tell when I get home.
i just did a total update (deleted everything reinstalled/scanned/etc). i find that trailers that have been downloaded don't work, but urls that are in nfo files seem to work. my xbox isn't on the internet, but it tries to play them whereas downloaded local trailers only work from the movie information screen.
How did you get the URL's in the NFO's? I'm sorry if it sounds like a lame question.
I can't find the post talking about the trailers on the xbox not playing the trailers minimized. This isn't the same as the original question, but the title still fits.

First off, my trailers work: both the scraped ones and local ones that the scraper can't get. However, the trailers do not play in the minimized screen like they're supposed to. I'm using the xbox with build r22078.

Start up XBMC > go to movies > select the trailer via the icon > hit "A" > allow movie to buffer > the trailer starts full screen > press "X" > trailer plays minimized and I can scroll through the other movies with the trailer still playing.

This proves that the xbox has the capability to play the trailer in a minimized window and still allow scrolling. I'm not sure what's causing the full screen to show by default, but at least there's hope for it to work like the other platforms.

Here's the log since I'd feel bad for not posting one considering my signature.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
i don't remember when, but i actually gotten it to play in the minimized window by default. but it's gone now. i'm wondering if it was a previous version of transparency! or xbmc. i can't be sure now. i'll see if i can play around with what i have and get it to work again.

as for trailer urls, ember can do it.
nicoli_k Wrote:Here's the log since I'd feel bad for not posting one considering my signature.

had a look and this is the command used to launch the trailer:

21:15:25 M: 32567296 DEBUG: CApplication::OnMessage : Translating PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Trailer],1)

the ',1' at the end, means it has to start the movie minimized,
and it doesn't produce any errors in the log.

since it's working flawlessly on other platforms, it must be some weird xbox specific thing.

there's an advanced setting, that will tell xbmc to play all movies minimized. if any xbox user want to troubleshoot this issue, you might to try if it works at all:
<fullscreenonmoviestart>false</fullscreenonmoviestart>
no soup: http://pastebin.com/m27a60249

Looks like it is an Xbox thing and not a Transparency! thing. You're giving it the right commands, but it's not responding to it. Even using the AdvancedSetting doesn't get it to start videos minimized -- trailers or regular movies.

Thanks for looking into it though.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
I personally need to readdress my problem with trailers not playing at all. I will get a debug error out soon since I'm the one complaining and all. Wink

Thanks for the heads up on ember doing the URL scraping. I wasn't aware of that.
Ok,
I gave the debug log a try. I tried running "12 Rounds" trailer via the skin button first and it failed then I ran the same trailer from within the "Movie information" screen and it played fine.

http://pastebin.com/m3e15c3df

I checked my release and its the newest from the Tech Release site unless somebody is going to tell me that I'm behind. If so please point me in the correct direction. Wink
Ok I found out that r22118 is available on "xbmc nightly builds"

I just don't know if its required or not because I'm running 21142.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trailers on Xbox0