Point of View 330 no sound thru HDMI
I'm sorry for bothering you guys again while there has been written a lot about this but I can't seem to figure it out.

Just bought this:
Antec mini Skeleton 90
Point of View ion 330
OZC Vertex extreme

First I installed Ubuntu 9.04 using HDMI on my 40" LED TV and everything worked out fine, after some adjustments my Ion based video chip worked perfectly and I was playing music in Totem player with sound over HDMI. Then I installed XBMC, again everything worked as it should except for the music/sound. There is nothing! At the hardware setting tab I tried everything IECblah blah, HDMI, Default and everything possible combination. unmuted everything in alsamixer, tried every guide on the forum.
Does anybody know a trick I haven't tried yet?

Thanks in advance...

Xander
I had same problem , just change audio to digital and playback device edit that and change to hdmi in lowercase same for the pass tru device.

that fixed the no sound over hdmi for me on asrock ion 330 , should be same for u.
Thanks for the reply,

I tried it before but now rebooted the system afterwards, that helped! Now I have sound in music and video's except for Full-HD movies. they are completely quiet... any word on that?

thanks again
xvanwaart Wrote:Thanks for the reply,

I tried it before but now rebooted the system afterwards, that helped! Now I have sound in music and video's except for Full-HD movies. they are completely quiet... any word on that?

thanks again

I don't know if this is too dirty fix but enabling downmix multichannel to stereo sorted it out - I am talking about AMT plugin.
when you don't have a multichannel receiver, use the downmix
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
When you play mp3s in xbmc directly to the hdmi device do they sound a little sped-up/higher pitched?

I had an issue with my system where a 44.1kHz audio file would play at 48kHz because the hdmi device does not support 44.1kHz. Could be specific to my system but i imagine it affects a lot of people since i just have standard intel hd audio / 6stack-dig

My solution was to keep things as they were in xbmc by default and instead slave the hdmi audio off the analog device using /etc/asound.conf

you can tell if you have the problem if:
a) the audio is slightly higher pitched/faster than it should be
b) xbmc.log shows it can't open at 44.1k and instead opens at 48k
c) if you 'cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#3' it only reports 48000 and 88200 as supported bitrates.

Chipset is: Nvidia MCP78 HDMI
Yeah, had that problem as well. someone pointed me to the fact I should use plug:hdmi instead of hdmi for audio device. Now everything is fine.
Next problem: Bluray Iso's won't load... it's another problem since I've got a lot of them... Any idea's?
As of the Full-HD movies... I don't mind downmixing because I use the system in my bedroom (only TV sound) but it still does not make any sound...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Point of View 330 no sound thru HDMI0