FLAC Tag Song Rating Issue
I agree that there would be no way without a setting to resolve that unexpected case. After all a 5 is a 5. However, I think it would be an improvement to include the 2 most popular systems. After all there is no reason that someone could use the letters in the rating value as opposed to numbers, but this would also not be accounted for.

Also, i've been playing with a hardware devices to see how they recognise FLAC tags. The sansaClip recognises both and there is no setting in them, so they must have opted for this type of solution.
Ok, feel free to go ahead then Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I am curious if any headway has been made on this? My FLAC files (all tagged in MediaMonkey 3.2.1) have ratings on a scale of 0 to 100. XBMC does not recognize the values above 5 preventing me from making smart playlists based on the rating tag. However, if I change the rating to a range of 5 or less, XBMC recognizes it and the files shows in my playlist. I would imagine anyone using MediaMonkey to tag FLAC files would have this issue when using the rating field in XBMC. From what I read, the 0 to 100 scale for FLAC is pretty widespread, even beyond MediaMonkey.

I think the best way to handle this would be to instruct XBMC how to convert the 100 point scale to a 5 point scale as previously discussed in this thread as opposed to changing the tags on all files to a 5 point scale. Is this something that can be added to the next build?

Thank you
Steve
FYI - I am running XBMC 10.1 on Windows 7.
I checked the code in VorbisTag.cpp and it has not been updated. Same issue as what DonPauleone reported. Since no one replied, I guess I'll fix the code myself.
Hi, my name is Ivan and this is my first topic here!
Sorry my bad bad english, I'm brazilian!

First: I'm a SAP R/3, PHP, Java and etc...etc... programer, but i don't want to write any code in XBMC media center, i just want to see the Rating FLAC system working!

I think it's not too hard to create a new parameter in the SYSTEM/MUSIC/PLAYLIST section like "Use 0-5 system to FLAC Rating files" and "Use 0-100 system to FLAC Rating files" or anything like this, whatever !!!

When i use MediaMonkey to rate my flac files i can see the correct "stars" in any other media players, so, i think the MediaMonkey system is not too bad "AT ALL" !!

Second: I think XBMC programers should take a position in this matter and not to be quiet - "Oh, there are 2 rules to the Flac Rating System..." - just let the user choose which system they want to use...easy!!!!

Oh! And do it as fast as u can plzzz i really want to use this system to create my playlists!

My best regards
Ivan Milazzotti
I'm on Eden RC2 and still can't see my tags from foobar. Guess I'll have to wait another 2 years Tongue
It appears (hoping and praying) this has been fixedHuh? I just updated to EDEN and XBMC was listing FLAC files with no rating (actually a rating of -1 - the default rating in MediaMonkey when no rating is applied). I changed the rating in a FLAC file in MediaMonkey and confirmed the tag had changed to a 100 point scale, closed & reopened XBMC, and the song was still listed and the rating was the correct star rating. My guess (hope) is that it was converted from a 100 point scale to the correct # of stars in XBMC. BUT (BIG BUT) I downloaded the EDEN source code, yet it appears the source code still is not modified to handle a 100 point rating scale for FLAC.

Can someone please confirm if this issue has actually been fixed? I am hoping I can put an end to my TWO DIFFERENT rating systems - 1 to 100 for MP3 - 1 to 5 for FLAC.

Thanks,
Steve
try Frodo
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Just tried out Frodo last night and it works! I checked several FLAC files that had ratings greater than 5 (a 100 point scale) and the rating showed correctly. For example, a rating of 80 was showing as 4 stars.

Thanks a lot for fixing this!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FLAC Tag Song Rating Issue0