Edit control for video library search.
I'm playing around with getting the Search function of the PMIII Music Library (edit control) into the Video Library.

I know the View button has id 3 reserved, I assume Search also works like this but with a different id.

The Music Library search and the Video Library search both have the same id (8), but work differently. Even if I make the Video Library search an edit control, typing anything just pops up the search dialog.
It's not supported. The reason the music one has an edit control is because the search is actually backgrounded - i.e. the list updates on the fly.

You'll notice the video library search works completely differently.

Until that's changed there's not quite the same point in changing to an edit control, right?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:It's not supported. The reason the music one has an edit control is because the search is actually backgrounded - i.e. the list updates on the fly.

You'll notice the video library search works completely differently.

Until that's changed there's not quite the same point in changing to an edit control, right?

Righto.

I'm sure there's reasons, but why have them work differently? Are there plans to get them working all the same? Or perhaps allow the skinner/user a choice?
Ofcourse there's plans to have 'em work the same.

The problem is there's only 24 hours in a day, and lots of other stuff to do Smile

A patch would certainly be welcome!

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Edit control for video library search.0