[live] Installing to HDD, removable mode or not?
I'm installing XBMC live to a HDD and would like to know what the difference between a normal HDD install and having it install in removable mode.

And is there a preferred way for install?
When choosing "normal mode" you end up with a traditional Linux filesystem on an ext3 filesystem. This gives you complete customisation flexibility in a regular Ubuntu environment.

On the other hand, the "removable mode" provides an easy path for system recovery and backup since all the changes are inside a single file in a fat partition, while keeping flexibility and allowing personalisation of the setup.
Thanks! Good info to know. Before knowing that I set mine up as non-removable, which is ok as I have a basic understanding of linux. Though only reason I'm using a HDD at all is the system it is on for some reason wouldn't boot via a usb thumb drive. I've been a XBMC users for over 5 years but only with Xboxes. I just setup a system with xbmc live and it is absolutely amazing!

It pretty much makes it a set-top box feel (just like an xbox running xbmc) which I need for WAF.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[live] Installing to HDD, removable mode or not?0