Can't get any backdrop to load on the main menu
Hello all,

I am fairly new to xbmc (i am using plex). I am able to get everything to work fine with GIT, I am just unable to get backdrops on the home menu (the menu you see when you first launch). Once I click on movies, for example, I know how to change that backdrop in the settings.

But I can't get the home screen to have different back drops. It's just plain black.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you so much in advance!
-Mr530
You have 3 problems:

1) Your asking help for Plex at the xbmc forum. Here's the plex forum. http://forums.plexapp.com/
2) Aeon is know to be extremely buggy on Plex along with almost ever other current skin. If you're using plex, see plex specific mods of Aeon (if they exist).
3)The black backdrop while using xbmc is caused by using an older version of XBMC, which can simply be fixed by updating XBMC. Since you're using Plex you can't update XBMC.

Hope that helps.
thank you so much! my apologies for using the wrong forum, but number 3 seems to help me out the most!
strangedaze39 Wrote:3)The black backdrop while using xbmc is caused by using an older version of XBMC, which can simply be fixed by updating XBMC. Since you're using Plex you can't update XBMC.

Hope that helps.

It is embrassing that I have this problem also. I download the latest version.XBMC_for_Windows-9.04.1-repack2. The system show backdrop perfect when I enter Movie,Pictures... It is just black for the main menu.

Is there a newer version of XBMC?

Thanks.
You'll need the latest SVN version - goggle 'xbmc nightly builds'.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get any backdrop to load on the main menu0