XBMC Live 9.04.2 on HDD Partly sound through S/PDIF
I've installed XBMC Live + Updated Nvidia drivers on the harddisk. After that I upgraded tot the "latest" SVN. I believe that is version 9.04.2 (That's what is says after the "install" command. All on the ASrock ion 330.
At last I installed all the Aeon skins.

Sound is working on DTS/5.1 HD movies, allthough I can't adjust the volume using XBMC. (I never could)

But I've got no sound when playing an MP3 or a Divx, haven't tested a regular DVD yet.
The visuals are working and the MP3 is playing normally.

On the standard Live distro sound was working perfectly. And I can't recall tampering with the sound settings.

If needed I can post the xbmc.log. It's not a skin issue. It happens also in PM3.

I believe it has something to do with the sound settings or Alsamixer but I don't know how to correct this. I've tried several setting is the XBMC GUI without any succes. A search in the forum didn't give me the results I was looking for...
Please search for "Sound no longer working" or something like that in this subforum.

There is a thread that covers this. Has to do with an ALSA bug. When you find that thread, I've detailed a workaround to get it working again (assuming it is the same).
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tslayer Wrote:Please search for "Sound no longer working" or something like that in this subforum.

There is a thread that covers this. Has to do with an ALSA bug. When you find that thread, I've detailed a workaround to get it working again (assuming it is the same).

Excuse me, was searching with the wrong words....

Link

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live 9.04.2 on HDD Partly sound through S/PDIF0