Tearing
So I have a tearing issue... but here is the "useful manner" information

SVN Build 22088
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM
Intel e8400 @3.0
6gig ram
Nvidia 8800gt drivers 8.15.11.8635 7/7/09
Phillips 30" Widescreen CRT (1080i support) running at "windows recommended" 1920x1080
Pastebin: Here
Vsync: tried always on, on during playback and card select... no difference.

Alright, more about the tearing now. When running XBMC in full screen, there is horizontal tearing on all video but not during XBMC menu navigation. It is mainly in the middle of the screen but sometimes it occurs in the lower third as well but not at the same time... i.e. only one tear at a time.
I have done searches on this board as well as other and have yet to come to a conclusion. In order to troubleshoot I have played the same video in Windows Media Player and there is no tearing. I also went into the nvidia control panel and tried just about every setting without success.

So, am I missing something or should I look into the external player thread? Only reason why I don't want to use it is because my old Remote Wonder and eventghost don't play well with switching but thats a discussion for the external player thread.
Sounds like you have triple buffering on.
bobo1on1 Wrote:Sounds like you have triple buffering on.

I actually saw that post... should have put in mine that I turned triple buffering off in my nvidia control panel
Hmm a little more looking around and it appears that windows 7 and aero may be to blame. I'm going to try running xbmc in winxp mode... see if that does anything...
Update
OK yeah that was a big old waste of time. XPmode is 16bit color unless you turn off integration... then graphics quality goes in the tank. Then you switch over to 32bit and try installing and it gives you a opengl error. Not worth it... guess I'll just have to do the external player route.
Update #2
I think I have it figured out. I had to do a custom refresh on my second monitor and selected "auto refresh rate" under the video/player settings. I also turned off the Sync playback to display. Not really sure what finally fixed the tearing but its fixed for right now and I am happy. Hopefully this helps someone that was having the same/similar issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tearing0