full picture mode on secondary screen under Vista not possible
Hallo,
I'm runing the last version under Vista64 with the latest version of the graphic chip SW (G45). With that Version it's not possible to open the full picture mode on the secondary screen (LCD TV under HDMI mode), it opens always on the primär screen (PS LCD). This didn't happen under WinXP.

At the moment I'm opening the "windowed Version XBMC" and moving it to the secondary screen, it's possible but not the logic way.

Can someone help me?
______________________________________________________________________________________
Ich fahre die letzte Version unter Vista64 mit dem neusten Grafiktreiber von Intel (G45). Habe leider im Gegensatz zu WinXP das Problem das beim öffnen des Vollbildmodus am sekundär Bildschirm (LCD Fernseher über HDMI) dieses am Primärbildschirm (PC) öffnet.

Momentane Abhilfe ist das XBMC-Windowed zu öffnen und auf den sekundär Bildschirm ziehen (Geht ist aber mühsam).

Kann mir jemand helfen.

LG
J.
Hallo,
it seams, that no user are able to give me help by changing parameters (XBMC settings). Maybe it's an issue on the basic software (Running on WinXP but not on VISTA64). Is someone of the matrix able to give me a feed back. Or, will that issue be updated in the next release.

Thank you in advance!!!!!

Best regards
J.
How about this? Using eventghost or ultramon you can switch your screens around so that the one that is secondary becomes the primary when you start xbmc, and switch back afterwards.

Search the forum for ultramon, should not be to hard to find some info.

Tusse
Thank you "der.supertusse"

The post of "Blackkatt" is showing a clear way how to handle ultramon to get this problem solved. And it works perfekt!!Smile

Best regards
J.
Great!

Now, the thing about ultramon is that it costs money.. and if you want to pay for just this feature, that's fine by me. I started out the ultramon route myself, with the trial version, but found out that I could accomplish my specific goal (switching primary and secondary screens when launching XBMC, and then switch back when closing) by using Eventghost, which is free, and the switching was faster too.

So, I recommend looking into the Set Display Preset action in Eventghost, unless you feel like shelling out 40 USD for ultramon.

Tusse
Joana10 Wrote:Hallo,
I'm runing the last version under Vista64 with the latest version of the graphic chip SW (G45). With that Version it's not possible to open the full picture mode on the secondary screen (LCD TV under HDMI mode), it opens always on the primär screen (PS LCD). This didn't happen under WinXP.

At the moment I'm opening the "windowed Version XBMC" and moving it to the secondary screen, it's possible but not the logic way.

Can someone help me?
______________________________________________________________________________________
Ich fahre die letzte Version unter Vista64 mit dem neusten Grafiktreiber von Intel (G45). Habe leider im Gegensatz zu WinXP das Problem das beim öffnen des Vollbildmodus am sekundär Bildschirm (LCD Fernseher über HDMI) dieses am Primärbildschirm (PC) öffnet.

Momentane Abhilfe ist das XBMC-Windowed zu öffnen und auf den sekundär Bildschirm ziehen (Geht ist aber mühsam).

Kann mir jemand helfen.

LG
J.

I'm running that way right now with Vista x64 I extend my desktop to the second monitor (lcd via HDMI)\

setup different resolution for both the laptop display and the LCD via HDMI

run XBMC in Windowed mode drag to the second display and in XBMC display settings choose the resolution that says (1280x720Fullscreen#2) that means it will set xbmc to run fullscreen at that resolution on the second display only.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
full picture mode on secondary screen under Vista not possible0