Music: Extended Now Playing Info
I figured the skins section is the right place to ask this, did some searching and found some similar questions but no information.

I use XMBC for playing music. A LOT. One thing that I think is missing however is all of the extended information that is store in the database while a track is playing.

For instance, why not show the artist thumb, artist info, etc. On the "Now Playing" screen instead of the (lame) visualization?

I'm also a fan of throwing it in party mode while I'm working or reading, would love to have additional information there as well.

I'm no slouch when it comes to interface design and XML coding, so this is a project that I would attempt myself if someone could point me in the right direction. Are there any skins already doing this that I can tweak?

Right now I'm using Hitcher's AEON mod and VERY happy with it, but would like to do some tweaking.

Anyway, welcome any comments or ideas to make this happen.

Blacklist.
May be relevant to your interests:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33869
blacklist Wrote:I figured the skins section is the right place to ask this, did some searching and found some similar questions but no information.

I use XBMC for playing music. A LOT. One thing that I think is missing however is all of the extended information that is store in the database while a track is playing.

For instance, why not show the artist thumb, artist info, etc. On the "Now Playing" screen instead of the (lame) visualization?

i think you mean the MusicVisualisation screen?
i've never seen a skin that uses visualizations on the Now Playing page.

blacklist Wrote:I'm also a fan of throwing it in party mode while I'm working or reading, would love to have additional information there as well.

I'm no slouch when it comes to interface design and XML coding, so this is a project that I would attempt myself if someone could point me in the right direction. Are there any skins already doing this that I can tweak?

many skins already show the album cover and a certain amount of info alongside the visualization. also note, some things you're looking for are not possible,
for instance displaying artist biography or album review. those things are not available to the skin in the MusicVisualisation window.

a list of things that can be done, is available here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=InfoLabels
only the MusicPlayer.* and Player.* infolabels are available on the MusicVisualisation screen.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks guys, will do some more digging and see if I can figure out how to put what I'm looking for together.

I think mentioning the visualizations may have confused the matter, I really meant something instead of the visualizations.

Thanks again.
Ronie, I think you have answered my dead end question.

Just can't get the data here from there. Sad, really.

Thanks for the help, though - ended up making my own custom visualization screen that suits my purposes, anyway.

Maybe we'll get some more data transparency on a later build? Kinda crazy you can just get it from anywhere.

Thanks again.
Patch welcome. It'd be trivial to add, if it's not there already (which is surprising to be honest).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Patch welcome. It'd be trivial to add, if it's not there already (which is surprising to be honest).

I'd be all over it J if I had the foggiest where to begin. Looks like I need access to ListItem.Property() for everything artist and album related.

Anyone give me a hand on this?
So, after some playing around with some XML and reaven's excellent mod, here's what I came up with. Clean, bold, encorporates AEON's music backgrounds when artist fanart is not available. Comments welcome!

blacklist Wrote:I'd be all over it J if I had the foggiest where to begin. Looks like I need access to ListItem.Property() for everything artist and album related.

Anyone give me a hand on this?

You know, if I'm making a wish list, it would also be nice to have an option to grab some scrobbler data in this, since the interface to last.fm is already written.

Not sure how much more of a problem this would be, but it would be cool to throw some user stats from the scrobbler in there as well, with an option.
No other interest in this, I gather?
Hi blacklist !

I'm very interresting with your visualisation modification.
Could you send me your xml file ?

Does it works with spectrum visualization in background instead of fanart ?

Thanks in advance

Teuf
blacklist Wrote:So, after some playing around with some XML and reaven's excellent mod, here's what I came up with. Clean, bold, encorporates AEON's music backgrounds when artist fanart is not available. Comments welcome!

lookin very nice, i´m also interested.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Thanks guys. Its a pretty simple mod but almost suits my purposes Big Grin

I'll put the xml up this evening and you can take a look!
Ok, so without further fanfare here is what I've got slapped together.

Right is now this is only working on Hitcher's AEON mod, and I've got it customized with the glass CD cases to match the rest of the skin. I did away with the spinning CD - at the end of the day it was a cool effect but ended up feeling a bit cheesy to me.

Thanks to the skinners who's work I blatantly borrowed to make this work.

http://www.filedropper.com/musicvisualisation

Back up your 720p/MusicVisualisation.xml and replace with this. Should be all you need!

blacklist Wrote:Thanks to the skinners who's work I blatantly borrowed to make this work.

http://www.filedropper.com/musicvisualisation

Back up your 720p/MusicVisualisation.xml and replace with this. Should be all you need!

Link doesn't seem to be working.. Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music: Extended Now Playing Info0