"Go To Artist" feature
Just wondering if anyone else would like to see this feature before I create a Trac ticket.

This is a feature on the M$ Zune.

Basically, you're playing all of your music suffled. A song comes up that you really like (or you just want to hear more of that Artists music) Pop up the context menu, Click "Go To Artist" and you're taken to the library node of that Artist, showing all of their albums for you to select.

Would anyone else find this usefulHuh?

Of course, all of the details would have to be ironed out before it could be implemented. All comments welcome.
Yeah, I'd like that. Another quite similar thing I'd like would be "go to album". When I'm in the library artist view and there's a song by that artist on a soundtrack, I'd like to have a shortcut to that album showing me all the tracks of that album. This comes handy when you have compilations in your library.
@DarkHelmet: If you're in artists view, and select an artist, then that compilation should be listed. Clicking on it only shows the tracks by that artist on the compilation, rather than the complete compilation I think?

Not sure if this is how it should be or not.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:@DarkHelmet: If you're in artists view, and select an artist, then that compilation should be listed. Clicking on it only shows the tracks by that artist on the compilation, rather than the complete compilation I think?

Not sure if this is how it should be or not.

Yes, that's the way it is right now.

I could use the "go to album" feature in the following cases:

1.) I found a track on a compilation (soundtrack, whatever) or the compilation itself (in album node of that artist) using the artist view. Now I would like to find out what other songs there are in that compilation ==> go to album.

2.) I'd like to play a compilation as an album (autoplay next item is activated, playing the first song of the compilation will add the other songs to the queue). I'd have to use the album view to do this. I try to avoid using the album view in the library. My music library contains over 4.000 albums so naturally it's quite cluttered. I have "do not include artists who are only included in a compilation" turned on in library view, which makes the artist view a lot easier to navigate. In this case I'd just go to some random artist, pick that compilation and use the "go to album" function of the context menu.

The function could be included in the context menu or even in the album information. There is a list of the songs of that particular album already (if scraped correctly).

What joebrady proposed would be quite useful in a playlist, particularly when playing a smart playlist or when shuffle is turned on. "Wow, that's a cool song, let's see what else is there." ==> Go to artist.
YES!

One of the features I love on my zune as well.

Should be able to go:
Track -> Album
Track -> Artist

Works great if you're on random and come across an artist that you want to add more of to the playlist.
+1

Would be a very useful feature.
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Go To Artist" feature0