Secondary Display
Hello All,

Just installed the newest version of XBMC (Beta 1) and am very impressed it's come a long ways from Xbox (where I became familiar with XBMC).

Any how, I am having a problem. If I select full screen on my secondary monitor in the system -> system -> video output ... it shows fine but then if I try to use my system like browse the net on my primary monitor XBMC minimizes. I can run it windowed but if I try to alt + enter to full screen it tries to full screen on my primary display instead of the display where the XBMC window is.

Also I noticed that XBMC has a uPnP server built in. I have a DNS-323 (NAS) and it has built in uPnP but I never use it, I use direct network shares? Are there any benefits in running XBMC on my main PC here and then having HTPC's connect to the main PC xbox. Also is there anyway for all the XBOX library information be stored in a single place so that I don't have to re-download for each different HTPC?

Thanks in advance,

Nick
XBMC's behavior has been like this for a long time. Click outside of it in fullscreen and it minimizes, which basically makes it impossible to play while doing other things.

I know earlier XBMC versions would stay open without issues, maybe its something that a dev could look into.
Check 'Use fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen' @ Video Output
I have the same issue... VERY annoying and causes a lot of problems for my wife.

Nick, can you open a bug on it?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
WhyS, that did the trick in "Full Screen". Is there a way to tell XBMC which display to use when in Windowed mode? This is so when you Alt + Enter it will full screen on display of choice.
Livin Wrote:I have the same issue... VERY annoying and causes a lot of problems for my wife.

Nick, can you open a bug on it?

It's not a bug. True fullscreen uses DirectX fullscreen mode and this won't share the display with any other app, so it minimizes if anything else gets the focus. The flipside is that it's fast. The "use a fullscreen window ..." settings tells XBMC not to use DX fullscreen mode, so you don't get the problem with other apps, but it's slightly slower.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:It's not a bug. True fullscreen uses DirectX fullscreen mode and this won't share the display with any other app, so it minimizes if anything else gets the focus. The flipside is that it's fast. The "use a fullscreen window ..." settings tells XBMC not to use DX fullscreen mode, so you don't get the problem with other apps, but it's slightly slower.

JR

Are you sure DX cannot use a true fullscreen? There are many apps that do this... including Windows Media Center built-into MSFT Windows.
I've used past versions of xbmc that had no problems with true fullscreen running while working on another monitor. MPC works fine in fullscreen on 1 monitor while working the other as well.
Random: It just won't work in True full screen for me, it might be a card thing but I doubt it since WMP will full screen while playing no problem.

The one downside to the emulation full screen is that the bar on the top with the controls stays on the screen. I can right click the movie as it's playing and the bar goes away but as soon as I move my mouse off screen, the bar re-appears.
bugged... http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10056

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Secondary Display0