Subtitle download through context menu for movie
I've read these previous feature requests:
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33439
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55457

The first thread asks for getting subtitles by scraping, I think it would be better to download them by request. The second thread asks for them to be fetched while playing the video - not necessary IMHO.

What I would like to see is something like this:
A setting page for subtitle download where I specify one or more subtitles sources (with priority).
1) When a particular movie is selected in the movie library, I press the button for the context menu.
2) From the context menu, I choose "Find subtitles".
3) XBMC searches using the folder name/file name and lists the results.
4) I pick one, and its downloaded to the subtitle folder/movie folder.
5) I watch the movie with my newly downloaded subtitle (after selecting it as usual).

The subtitle sources should be somewhat easy to author so the community can help. A pluggable/extandable architecture like the one for scrapers would be great!

What do you think?
I think it should be an option on the custom script option.Like the lyrics script button.
So the button would be somewhere in the OSD.
Than it would be easer for the the community to maintain the script/plugin than another way.
Also when you select a subtitle I would like that it would remember your choose
when you are going to watch it another time.
And there already is such a script out there - search the forums.

It certainly should NOT be in the context menu.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:And there already is such a script out there - search the forums.

I know that .But you are than limited to use that script.And can't use another/newer or better subtitle script/plugin. That is the reason why I am not using it,cause I found a better subtitle plugin.That's why I requested if it could be an option on custom script option.

Also since this topic is about subtitle I was thinking of another thing.Will this be Done?
tikkiew Wrote:Also when you select a subtitle I would like that it would remember your choose
when you are going to watch it another time.
tikkiew Wrote:I know that .But you are than limited to use that script.And can't use another/newer or better subtitle script/plugin.

that just depends how it's implemented in the skin.
if the skin allows you to set the path to the plugin, it should work with every subtitle plugin.

harcoding the path in the osd, like this plugin does, is not the way it should be done imo.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
jmarshall Wrote:And there already is such a script out there - search the forums.

You're absolutely right, it's already there (here actually: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56083). I had missed the OSD-addition of that script. Before, I had to use it trough the Scripts menu choice, I had no idea skinning/scripting could actually change/extend the OSD-menu, really powerful! Good work team XBMC!

jmarshall Wrote:It certainly should NOT be in the context menu.

Comments like that doesn't really add anything to the discussion. I could answer that with "it should CERTAINLY be in the context menu"! But hey, OSD works for me Wink

Thanks for the replies, everyone!
Exclamation 

I am sorry for bumping this old thread, but I beg to disagree.

You can't use Opensubtitles_osd when xbmc is configured to use an external player. I am being forced to use KMPlayer instead of the internal player for a couple (strong) reasons, which makes Opensubtitles_osd useless to me. If the subtitle script were launched via context menu, all external player users could enjoy it.

Don't get me wrong, Opensubtitles_osd is a great script and xbmc is fantastic, but subtitle search/download is essential in my home setup because my wife isn't fluent in english. The lack of a convenient way to search and retrieve subtitles while using an external player is the sole reason I still have that slow, resource-hungry MediaPortal as my default media center. Sad
Is there any way to get subtitle search as a context menu item yet? I'm in the same boat of using an external player but I would still like to be able to use Kodi to download subtitles before playing the video.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitle download through context menu for movie1