S/PDIF sound issue with ASRock IONSTAR 330
If you are August 11th, the sound clipping should not be a problem.

It was with older revisions. The one you have is new enough. Please provide a log when you have reproduced.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
OK here is the log:
http://pastebin.com/m11a258b5

I was playing around with stop & changing track for a minute or two and got some disturbance two times
In the logg he is trying to talk to pulseaudio which should be removed, I am not sure if that is normal or not.
I did some tests with a new pulseaudio but did apt-get remove pulseadio afterwards,

After turning on debug I noticed that I also have the problem with CPU while in the menu...25-30% CPU0. Strange.
Hmm... Try recompiling XBMC without pulse support.

Make sure also to remove libpulse or whatever it is.. maybe sudo apt-get remove libpulse*.

Then recompile.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
sudo apt-get remove libpulse*
Drops a lot of stuff uncluding xbmc-common.

I guess thats why I need to compile it myself in a different way.

I don't compile myself..I use the PPA. I will look into it when I have a few hours to read up on it.

Before that I will make a clean XBMCbuntu installation since that is what everybody else does. Will make it easier to compare test result with other people. I already run a minimal based ubuntu so biggest diff will be no GDM.
Quote:Hmm... Try recompiling XBMC without pulse support.
I have now done that. No difference. I also get the same problem when I open a dvd ISO. It is not a huge problem and I don't even have to use passtrough.

Quote:Make sure also to remove libpulse or whatever it is.. maybe sudo apt-get remove libpulse*.
I have not done this since it will drop xbmc-common and also break the xbmc-live helper. (I am now running a xbmcbuntu setup)
I am sure I can figure out how to run the live scripts manually and try this if anyone wants to see the result.
Everything else is working perferctly and I am pretty happy as is,
the only thing you need is runXBMC.sh which you can download from the svn.
Quote:the only thing you need is runXBMC.sh which you can download from the svn.
Thank you. The thing is, since I didn't know any linux when I started this everything takes time. If I drop xbmc-live the xbmcbuntu autostart will stop. I want to learn how the startx, xinit, xinirc etc work anyway, but not today.

I don't want any of the developers feel that I don't play ball in troubleshooting so I will build it according to instruction on an USB stick and report back in a few hours.

Thanks!
if you cant get xbmc to start, it's usually runXBMC.sh that is missing, try doing in command prompt "sudo /etc/init.d/xbmc-live start" and you will see that its trying to run runXBMC.sh ..
Quote:
if you cant get xbmc to start, it's usually runXBMC.sh that is missing, try doing in command prompt "sudo /etc/init.d/xbmc-live start" and you will see that its trying to run runXBMC.sh ..
Yes, you are right, he complains about that and the diskmounter

I manage to start xbmc in openbox after deleting xorg.conf & guisettings. It does not run stable like this but I could start a dvd.iso and I still got the shutterSad
I will figure out how to start it correctly later, but it does not look promising with the sound.

This is how I built it, please let me know if I should test in a different way:
Quote:sudo apt-get remove libpulse*
*drops xbmc as well

sudo apt-get install build-essential cdbs fakeroot dh-make debhelper debconf libstdc++5 dkms linux-headers-$(uname -r)
sudo apt-get install subversion
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc
*some libpulse stuff is put back again....

sudo apt-get remove libpulse*
*drop it again

sudo apt-get install ccache
svn checkout https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot...xport/XBMC

cd XBMC

./configure --prefix=/usr --disable-pulse --disable-debug
sudo make -j2
sudo make install

manual start
sudo /etc/init.d/xbmc-live start

It took its sweet time to build it on ION330 +usb stick, I need to learn how to move from another machine and also build a deb.
This should take care of the autostart issue

Code:
wget http://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xbmc/branches/linuxport/XBMC/tools/XBMCLive/runXBMC

sudo cp runXBMC /usr/bin/runXBMC.sh

sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/runXBMC.sh
Thanks! That saves me some problem I was already starting to look for it. With little success.

Your code works fine except (if someone else is trying the same later)
Quote:sudo cp runXBMC /usr/bin/runXBMC
sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/runXBMC

NVIDIA got dropped along the way for some reason. After installing that I think it will start again..
Now it starts and works like normal!
Thank you very much.

Still get the shutter when opening a dvd.iso (this is the easiest test)

The reason why it was not stable in openbox was of course that NVIDIA was droppen along the way.
I'm using Ubuntu with the latest alsa drivers and xbmc SVN with sound over HDMI. The setup was working however i do not know what i've done but now i am only getting 2 audio channels out when playing 5.1 films - not getting the center channel or rears but only getting the left and right channels. Its definitely only the left and right 5.1 channels i'm getting as i'm not getting the main voices but just the sound effects. My receiver is not seeing a dolby digital signal now but was before.
XBMC live works fine once i change the audio settings to hdmi hdmi suggesting that there must be something in Ubuntu thats causing the issue.

Any ideas?
Cheers
The passtrough does not work in present svn PPA. Wait for new build, build your self or revert to older version.

There is a thread about this
vikjon0 - I'm getting the clipping when I stop watching/listening to content like you were. I'm using an Acer Revo 3610 and my sound is via SPDIF. I'm not clear if you managed to solve this above, or how you did it? Please advise if you can.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
S/PDIF sound issue with ASRock IONSTAR 3300