no 48K audio
Hi,

I have this weird problem with xbmc not playing any videos with a samplerate of 48000Hz. 41200 plays fine as do some other samplerates (32K, 16K) I've seen. I have navigation sounds. There are no errors in the log and the same happens with aplay so it probably has to to with alsa and/or my hardware.

My setup: GA-MA78GM-S2H (onboard video disabled) connected internally with spdif to an Nvidia 9400, out with HDMI to my Philips LCD.

XBMC audio settings are set to digital with no AC3, no DTS and output to iec958. I'm using an SVN build I did last weekend (I'm currently @work so I don't have access to the actual logs and stuff).

I tried serveral things:
- advancedsettings resample to 44100 doesn't seem to do anything
- my iec958 is unmuted
- configuring for analog out makes no difference
- xbmc audio settings don't change anything as long as I send it to iec958

Any clues on where to look?

Thanks.
u-man Wrote:Hi,

I have this weird problem with xbmc not playing any videos with a samplerate of 48000Hz. 41200 plays fine as do some other samplerates (32K, 16K) I've seen. I have navigation sounds. There are no errors in the log and the same happens with aplay so it probably has to to with alsa and/or my hardware.

maybe your TV can't handle 48kHz audio streams ?

u-man Wrote:I tried serveral things:

this setting only works for music files (PAPlayer).
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Quote:maybe your TV can't handle 48kHz audio streams ?

Before I bought the gpu I was using the onboard hdmi with the onboard video, which worked. The tv manual also say it does support 48Khz.

I think I'm gonna try to connect the analog output to the tv. An extra cable is not as nice as the one hdmi cable but movies get boring without sound so I have to.

Quote:
Quote:Originally Posted by u-man View Post
I tried serveral things:
this setting only works for music files (PAPlayer).
Ok, I didn't try music. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no 48K audio0