• 5(current)
WMAPRO r22146 SVN Broken?
still no wmv pr0n watching with xbmc then Sad
WMV's encoded using VC-1 AP@L3 with WMA 10 Pro 5.1 audio are playing back for me ok, so long as I dont try to skip ahead or resume to a spot where I stopped it last. I can pause and continue, but no stopping and resuming, or jumping to a certain point in the movie.

It has been like this the last couple svn builds. Not sure what I am on now, as I am not near my box, but the last time I updated was on the 21st, and it is working better than it was in 22528 (which if I recall, didnt work at all).
That's a fairly accurate description of how WMV playback has been broken for the past year. The files will indeed play straight through, you just can't seek through them or resume. It's something to do with how XBMC uses ffmpeg, but obviously it's not a trivial fix or spiff would have found it.

I wouldn't hold my breath on getting it fixed.
rodalpho Wrote:WMVs haven't worked "fine" for well over an entire year.

Same here... Too bad Sad
Any news on this?
For what little it's worth, wmv work fine using the external ffmeg.
JackieBrown Wrote:For what little it's worth, wmv work fine using the external ffmeg.

Could you explain this a little more? Did you compile XBMC using external ffmeg? Or did you install it side-by-side? Some instructions on how to this this would be very nice!
Here is my configure line.
./configure --disable-debug --enable-external-ffmpeg --enable-external-liba52 --enable-external-libdts --enable-external-libmpeg2 --enable-external-libass --enable-external-libogg --enable-external-libwavpack --disable-pulse

You could use --enable-external-libraries instead of specifying them but I had problems with my "external" python and wanted to use the one bundled with xbmc.

Please note that I also disabled pulse. This did not effect my playback but I don't use it and didn't like it showing up in my debug logs. Just remove that if you use pulse
This is awesome, I'll give it a shot when I get home. I was under the impression external FFMPEG support had been broken for years.

Which libraries did you have installed when running this? Just the standard ubuntu karmic ones, or did you have to install other packages? You're saying that once it compiles with this configure line, WMV files work properly?
AFAIK you will lose VDPAU when using external ffmpeg. (In case ya need it)

Edit: Turns out ./configure tests for the presence of VDPAU and will disable it as necessary.
Luckily I built out my XBMC HTPC before VDPAU was available, so I can play everything but the birds sample in hardware.

Really looking forward to trying this tonight. XBMC's broken WMV support is just incredibly annoying.
JackieBrown Wrote:For what little it's worth, wmv work fine using the external ffmeg.

A little feedback on the exact versions of your external ffmpeg libs would be nice. Also try playing a 1080p VC1 video file and see if you have the ponies to play it.
I'll be happy to do so, if someone posts a link to one. I don't have any full 1080p files at all.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows...wcase.aspx
ffmpg is the latest in the Debian multimedia repos. According to apt - 5:0.5+svn20091101-0.0

ffmpeg reads
Code:
mediaplayer:/home/xbmc/trunk# ffmpeg --help
FFmpeg version SVN-r20428, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
  built on Nov  1 2009 10:39:45 with gcc 4.3.4
  configuration: --prefix=/usr --extra-cflags='-Wall -g ' --cc='ccache cc' --enable-shared --enable-libmp3lame --enable-gpl --enable-libfaad --enable-libvorbis --enable-pthreads --enable-libfaac --enable-libxvid --enable-postproc --enable-x11grab --enable-libgsm --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libx264 --enable-libtheora --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libspeex --enable-nonfree --disable-stripping --enable-avfilter --enable-libdirac --disable-decoder=libdirac --enable-libschroedinger --disable-encoder=libschroedinger --enable-avfilter-lavf --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-version3 --disable-altivec --disable-armv5te --disable-armv6 --disable-vis
  libavutil     50. 3. 0 / 50. 3. 0
  libavcodec    52.37. 1 / 52.37. 1
  libavformat   52.39. 2 / 52.39. 2
  libavdevice   52. 2. 0 / 52. 2. 0
  libavfilter    1. 6. 0 /  1. 6. 0
  libswscale     0. 7. 1 /  0. 7. 1
  libpostproc   51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0

http://download.microsoft.com/download/2...n_1080.exe

The_Rules_of_Attraction_1080 played absolutely flawless and playing as well as skipping back and forth worked.

My machine
Video card - 8500GT
Quote:infobash
CPU[-AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ clocked at 2499.436 Mhz-] Kernel[-Linux 2.6.31-1-amd64 x86_64-] Up[-1day-] Mem[-338.3/3967.5MB-] HDD[-2250GB(42%used)-] Procs[-100-] Client[Shell]

Also - as a side note - building has been pretty smooth and hassle free ever since the code clean up from the xbmc guys. Been meaning to say thanks on that.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WMAPRO r22146 SVN Broken?0