[SUGGESTION] Easier ways to obtain permission for edit access on the HOWTO wiki
Thumbs Up 
Hi, can I first say what an inspiration XBMC is, I only came across it a few days ago and can't stay off the HOWTO's etc. Currently planning my HTPC and without doubt this is the best I've seen.

I'd like to give something back and as I'm currently going through the HOWTO documents I've noticed a few typos etc that I'd like to correct, but I don't have access. Not too sure if this is only given out to specific people who can be trusted etc, but I'd like to contribute.

I've seen that Pike is the man for this, however, I don't appear to have PM access from my forum account and there's not a log of info around as to how to get PM access also.

Hopefully, once I have access I can start to contribute and rectify some of these issues myself. I also have some python scripting skills, so will be looking to create some plugin's/script's for the community.

In short, can someone point me to the right place to request PM access initially and then Wiki edit access.

Cheers,

Bazza.
PM Pike about it, but we are in the process of creating a single login for the entire site, but until then, pike is the one to ask.
bazza2000 Wrote:I've seen that Pike is the man for this, however, I don't appear to have PM access from my forum account and there's not a log of info around as to how to get PM access also.

hmm.. that is very strange .. Try to PM me to test ..
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
You can't pm until you make 3 unmoderated posts I imagine. Don't worry there's a better auth system in the works, no ETA though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SUGGESTION] Easier ways to obtain permission for edit access on the HOWTO wiki0