Create a button on remote to restart xbmc
My XBMC often crashes for various reasons. When this happens it responds to me turning off by pressing the power button on the computer to send a shutdown command. The XBMC logo comes up and it exits fine.

In transparency skin there is a dialouge button to reset XBMC which is obviously far quicker than a reboot. I was wondering if, and how I can map an MCE remnote unused button to this function so that I can easily reset XBMC.
According to the wiki entry, it looks like a keymap.xml file consisting of this:

Code:
<keymap>
  <Global>
      <universalremote>
          <obc148>XBMC.RestartApp</obc148>
       </universalremote>
  </Global>
</keymap>

should do the trick. This would make the RCA Repeat button restart XBMC.
Just create a new text document, name it keymap.xml, and place the file into your UserData folder.

I don't have the remote to test this out, but it should do the trick.

Good luck.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
nicoli_k Wrote:According to the wiki entry, it looks like a keymap.xml file consisting of this:

Code:
<keymap>
  <Global>
      <universalremote>
          <obc148>XBMC.RestartApp</obc148>
       </universalremote>
  </Global>
</keymap>

should do the trick. This would make the RCA Repeat button restart XBMC.
Just create a new text document, name it keymap.xml, and place the file into your UserData folder.

I don't have the remote to test this out, but it should do the trick.

Good luck.

Keymap ain't gonna help ya when XBMC is crashed. Wink

Read about irexec, it should do what you want.
There is a good howto on the Australian Media Center web-site. Now this switched between xbmc and mythtv frontend but you can configure the script however you like.

http://www.xpmediacentre.com.au/communit...emote.html

sorry for the long link.

Dave

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Create a button on remote to restart xbmc0