• 7(current)
Beta-Test
I have both Mac and AppleTV, while I love that the focus for the new OSD is on the Pause button, the behavior has changed, on the mac, if you press the space bar, you get pause with clearart showing but on the AppleTV, it's different story. The only way to see the clearart is when you skip forward or when you bring up the OSD, press pause and take away the OSD, only then do you see the clearart. Was that the intended result?

Suggestion: if the video is paused, maybe the OSD could default back to the "little" pause with clearart after a delay of say 10 seconds?
BTW, i am running svn22498 and I still have no fanart for movies or tvshows, i know they are there because when i escape back, they show up for a split second.
Last but not least, the subtitles don't work, everything is enabled, the button shows up and you get the click sound when pressed but nothing else. In the case of a movie or whatever already having subtitles, they show up on screen but you can't get new ones from the OpenSubtitles_OSD.
jpf55 Wrote:I have both Mac and AppleTV, while I love that the focus for the new OSD is on the Pause button, the behavior has changed, on the mac, if you press the space bar, you get pause with clearart showing but on the AppleTV, it's different story. The only way to see the clearart is when you skip forward or when you bring up the OSD, press pause and take away the OSD, only then do you see the clearart. Was that the intended result?

i'm pretty sure this has zero to do with the skin. the skin behaves exactly the same on every platform. if you're getting different results it's because of your keyboard / remote button mappings.

jpf55 Wrote:BTW, i am running svn22498 and I still have no fanart for movies or tvshows, i know they are there because when i escape back, they show up for a split second.

known issue, it was one of the bugs that crept into in the beta. ;-)

jpf55 Wrote:Last but not least, the subtitles don't work, everything is enabled, the button shows up and you get the click sound when pressed but nothing else. In the case of a movie or whatever already having subtitles, they show up on screen but you can't get new ones from the OpenSubtitles_OSD.

did you set the correct path to the subtitle plugin in Settings > Skin Settings > Scripts > Script path ?

post a Debug Log if you can't figure it out. :-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:i'm pretty sure this has zero to do with the skin. the skin behaves exactly the same on every platform. if you're getting different results it's because of your keyboard / remote button mappings.

v1.03 did not have this behavior, it happened with the change in OSD
ronie Wrote:did you set the correct path to the subtitle plugin in Settings > Skin Settings > Scripts > Script path ?
Silly me, it's working nowBlush I don't remember setting that one before but then again, I am getting old

jpf55 Wrote:Image

thanx for the screens and my apologies, i was wrong.
i'm afraid there's little room for clearart with the new OSD, but i'll see if i can squeeze it in somehow.

if you bring up the info dialog instead of the osd menu, clearart will show as before.
the same applies if you directly pause the movie by hitting the 'pause' button on keyboard/remote instead of using the osd menu.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
How about placing the clearart on the left instead of the video thumb, after all, we already have the video paused? Naturally, this would only valid for TVshows and if there isn't cleartart, show nothing.
Thanx a lot to everyone for helping me out with finding bugs!

Transparency! v2.00 will be up in a day or so,
in case there's any bugs left (i'm sure there will be) they will be addressed after the release.

Thanx again!

cheers,
ronie
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Beta-Test0